Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2014, 05:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Filtre ŕ air
Lens: smc M 50mm f1,7 Camera: K-r Photo Location: Avignon, FRANCE ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F1.7 

Hello, I would like to have your critic on this photos of air filter. I think that it is the beautiful photo but that has nothing exceptional and certainly that a young something is missing. I would like to have your opinion. thanks

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3718/10514314154_ba0f5df33b_o.jpg

01-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think that you should have the air filter straight-on. It appears angled in the picture and that to me is kind of disturbing?/distracting. I am not sure why but I think that slightly stopping down your lens (perhaps to f/2.8) would put the object behind the air filter in slightly sharper focus which would slightly improve the image. Once again, I do not know why this is. I am not sure what you mean by it is missing a young something.
01-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I agree, stopping down a little more would bring the rear edge of the filter into focus, and move slightly to the left to give a nice straight line to the image.

Personally, I would stop down far enough to bring at least some of the carby into focus, to give some context to what is there.

Curious, is that the original air filter for the car? or one somebody has made for it later? (and then added a badge)
It has an uncanny resemblance to a soup can.....