Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2014, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Panorama of the winter river.
Lens: Pentax 18-135 mm Camera: Pentax k-30 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 

Hi! This panorama - the test result camera in the cold. In the Russian winter in full swing, cold minus 20, but that's no reason to sit at home! As always, happy to hear tips and advice. Thank you!

01-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like the composition and all your tree trunks are straight so you used a good focal length to prevent distortion.

the scene tells a nice story. it's a pretty good image.

my only concern would be the high contrast between the left and right sides of the image. I understand sunlight on one side, shadow on the other side, and without seeing the original photos used to create the panorama, I don't know if there was really that definitive a change in lighting. but my mine would like a transition (medium tones) somewhere between the two sides of the river.

if I had to make a guess, I feel I could draw a jagged angled line across the photo and guess where the images were stitched together. maybe a little more PP on the individual images before stitching would help. the exposure value change from left to right is a little abrupt. again, if this was truly the case, so be it, but I still might "create" a smoother transition, because that's what I experience (interpret) in real life.

also I detect a slight blue tint in the shadow areas that can be tweaked a number of different ways in PP. one of the simplest is a slight desaturation overlay, or you can tweak levels and or curves, whichever you prefer
01-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
my only concern would be the high contrast between the left and right sides of the image. I understand sunlight on one side, shadow on the other side, and without seeing the original photos used to create the panorama, I don't know if there was really that definitive a change in lighting. but my mine would like a transition (medium tones) somewhere between the two sides of the river.
nomadkng, thanks for the detailed interest in my pictures
I'm a little corrected in Silkipiks source files (mostly added saturation) and that's what happened:

this source codes:

exif:
Camera Model PENTAX K-30
Focal Length 36.0mm (35mm equivalent: 54mm)
Exposure Time 1/125s (0.0080)
Aperture F/6.3
Mode Manual

as for the blue in the shadows, I think it is caused by blue sky.

Last edited by Serx; 01-28-2014 at 12:09 AM.