Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agree that there's too much negative space.
I'd consider this one a very successful hunting or scouting shot. That is to say a shot of something that I'd go back to with better light. Not to say the light here is bad, but the sun will eventually be in a much better spot. Try going to The Photographer's Ephemeris - this little app will show you where the sun will be at any give time for any give spot on the Earth. Once you've figured out when the sun will set over the hills near the center of the frame, then I'd go back and reshoot the image.

02-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #32
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I can link the RAW file if anyone wants it.
that link is blocked because of permissions.

the problem is the way that it's shot and cropped... there is way too much of the big cloud bank, and the trees, in the pic you posted... if there isn't enough resolution for cropping, shoot with longer glass.

i kinda like the shot, it just needs to be treated differently, imho, sort of like this:
Attached Images

02-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
ot, it just needs to be treated differently, imho, sort of like this
I would agree with osv, it is nice. though I think at this point the original shot was the better one to stay with. I know it might be impossible, but if a re-shot was possible from a little further, it would be great. Looking at all the various crops, The original seems one of the better ones.