Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, I agree with many of the replies.
Definitely a beautiful model, and good outfits, poses. The choices regarding light, angles and aperture are good, too! And I have seen similar processing styles before, they are quite popular, but I personally think the photos could be less "smoothened" (if that is the right word). That way the skin would have more texture and it would look more 3D. Then again, to each their own. In some genres, this style is the norm. I personally prefer a more subtle processing. Maybe for those who had a similar comment you could post a photo with less processing?

Good series, thanks for posting these I sometimes wish we would get more portraits and series of people photos on this forum

03-06-2014, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #32

They would be great awesome images if it weren't for the over smoothing which make them look OOF. And on the last two...there is a lot of lent on the shirt that could be touched up. I would have thought other eyes would have been drawn down there LoL
03-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #33
Pentaxian

I am thinking that she has beautiful features and doesn't need a lot of 'photoshop' on her person. Her cosmetics look nice, and I agree with the "focus being on the eyes". Maybe if the viewer could see exactly what color her eyes are. From a woman's point of view model has hit the genetic jackpot of features.
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #34

I would recommend pushing the tilt and pulling the kilt.

03-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #35

Photos: Gallery
Just a thought, but I would avoid the negative space to the right of the model. This being that people look at photos/art from right to left, and when there is negative space on the right they are distracted by it.
03-11-2014, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #36
Inactive Account

Ceteris paribus (all things being equal), so to say, the eye travels from the bottom LEFT up to the top RIGHT. Not as you have stated.

What changes this is e.g. the eye will look at brighter areas first.

Last edited by Sparkle; 03-12-2014 at 12:05 AM.
03-13-2014, 03:33 AM   #37
Inactive Account

The lass is so top heavy she needs the chairs to hold on to, otherwise she might fall over.

03-16-2014, 01:36 AM   #38
Forum Member

I think you overreacted a bit on the Noise Reduction but otherwise not that bad.
03-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
Forum Member

Ok here is my critic, i like your f2.4 gives a great bokeh, your lighting is amazing which i think is the most important. Here are the cons, when using a big apperture there is the risk of not focus what you want. I bleive the third pic there is not enogh focus on her face, also on the picture with the red cap, her nose is not well defined. I think face in focus on portraits is very important.
I think a different pose on first pic would be better, the chair is ok, but something more natural jovial or sexy would better than just grab the chair, model looks a little stiff, the other poses that you took are great. The girl is young and sexy so explode that im not saying that sexy or suggestive poses are needed just something natural (which are the hardest poses) is better.

And thats all you did the hard work, lighting composition, bokeh, good posing. Just mind the focus.
To critique is easy what you did is hard, nice work!

Now i read Santos' critique he is right, maybe wasnt focus, was noise reduction and you lost some detail

Last edited by Eder; 03-31-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: adding info
04-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #40

Now, she is a good look'n heater.

After I come to, I'll post a critique.

Since she works with you, can you get some of her not smiling? Maybe some 3/4 profile, looking down...pensive expressions. The camera likes this beauty and so will any man on earth, but I'd like to see something that denotes her moods, her "other" side. How bout some B%W, heavily lite from the side?

The young lady is drop dead beautiful and makes this old man's heart go pitter pat. I'd like to see some drama.

Last edited by stepmac; 04-17-2014 at 02:46 PM.
04-25-2014, 08:49 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Veteran Member

Another female point of view; I think she's beautiful and she has a great smile, but I find it hard to critique much else in the photos because I'm too distracted by the expanse of plastic Barbie skin. I mean all of it... it's just so ... plastic. Feh.
I think it's unfortunate that the "they" who want this look for their "calendar" are promoting such a fake presentation of female models. Without getting into a big debate on the subject, clearly this girl needs no photoshop fakery. It would've been nice for "them" to produce a calendar showing "real" people's "real" beauty.
05-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh honey honey........ *Archies*
05-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #43

I"ll have a draft please!
05-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #44
Inactive Account

No doubt she has lots of draft !
05-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Ceteris paribus (all things being equal), so to say, the eye travels from the bottom LEFT up to the top RIGHT. Not as you have stated.
I don't know where that comes from. the natural way to look at an image follows a "Z" movement. For an occidental, at least. That's the way we look at texts and images.