Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lost
Lens: Rikenon 3.5 80 mm Camera: Ricoh Diacord ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F4 

I know, there is too much background in focus to draw attention from small main object, but you can see that this is not a studio setting.
Please. let me know what you think.
Cheers

pod36c | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

02-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry Pavpen, i can not work out what is the subject, the BW treatment shows a mass of twigs and branches with a small black seedpod or something.Maybe crop or colour may emphasise it. Sorry to pour water on you.
02-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hmmh. I contemplated this one for a bit. I see where you were going with this - grey, desolate landscape, with a single black subject as the focal point, emphasizing its loneliness, how out of place it is, how lost it is.
Its a good idea and general composition, but I think you might have to come closer. And the other thing I would suggest is that you process the photo some more and reduce the other black parts in the photo. If you want to make a contrast between grey and black - you need to make sure there is really very little black (that it is confined to the focal point). So the branch in the lower left? I would make it grey. Same for the spot in the lower right.
02-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Interesting DOF, but I can't work out the subject either.

02-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Sorry Pavpen, i can not work out what is the subject, the BW treatment shows a mass of twigs and branches with a small black seedpod or something.Maybe crop or colour may emphasise it. Sorry to pour water on you.
Thank you gmans. I would not call seedpod small relatively to the branches of bush (not a grass), and i prefer not to crop to consider this as macro and abandon original idea at the time of shooting.
Cheers.

---------- Post added 02-23-14 at 05:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hmmh. I contemplated this one for a bit. I see where you were going with this - grey, desolate landscape, with a single black subject as the focal point, emphasizing its loneliness, how out of place it is, how lost it is.
Its a good idea and general composition, but I think you might have to come closer. And the other thing I would suggest is that you process the photo some more and reduce the other black parts in the photo. If you want to make a contrast between grey and black - you need to make sure there is really very little black (that it is confined to the focal point). So the branch in the lower left? I would make it grey. Same for the spot in the lower right.
Thank you Na Horuk. I was too cautious to come closer - i still not use to tlr VF and i would like to include the snow covered hill for perspective. I'm not familiar enough with ps to change the selective area of image, so best i can do is to change format to portrait by crop left side off.
Cheers.

---------- Post added 02-23-14 at 05:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ausmoose Quote
Interesting DOF, but I can't work out the subject either.
Thank you ausmoose.
02-24-2014, 03:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Thank you gmans. I would not call seedpod small relatively to the branches of bush (not a grass), and i prefer not to crop to consider this as macro and abandon original idea at the time of shooting.
Cheers.
No worries you did ask for opinions.