Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Tree Trunk on camera HDR
Lens: fa50mm f1.4 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Burleigh Heads, Australia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F2 

I was playing around with the on camera HDR, although the framing may be nothing really special I feel the detail is alright and the colours came out pretty accurate as to how the day was. Just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to critique this at all. For some reason I want to canvas it and hang it on my wall.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm. There isn't much going on in terms of content, no story, just a fairly pretty tree. The warm tones are nice and the mixture between sharp/in-focus details and bokeh. It could be used as wall art - one of those space fillers that isn't intrusive, but works almost like a window. Especially if it has a meaning to you, go for it. See how big you can print it, at poster size, anything looks more impressive (provided, the photo has enough detail). HDR can be dangerous for prints, though, since there are sometimes little mistakes that the algorithm makes, like duplicated tree branches or broken lines. Have to inspect the photo closely before printing. Good luck, and be sure to report back how you like it if/when you put it on your wall.
« castle | A Classic »