Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
WOW very nice
#1 - draws you into her. very nice (sky is a bit blown)
#2 not flattering
#3 LOVE it!
#4 too much red - not enough face (or more red and a hint of face) but then it would be artsy
#5 love it
#6 love it
#7 great - I would maybe crop it a bit different
#8 My favorite
#9 -12 all great
thank you for sharing

04-11-2014, 04:31 AM - 1 Like   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, tweet25!

It is interesting how different people like totally different photos
04-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the 11, the others are a bit bluish, the first shot the branches of the trees are with an unusual hue, and by the way also have a K5-II and the dominant color on this camera is blue, the K-20D is orange or yellow, I think you can change this promenor directly when taking the pictures, I change it in Lightroom 3.
04-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #19

Overall I like these quite a lot! Looks like a fun shoot. Some of the poses are a bit awkward/unnatural. But overall I like these -- some great focus and catch-lights on most of these. I like the edits -- did you use LR presets or actions? They have a very filmish feel.

04-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AshleytheIslander Quote
Overall I like these quite a lot! Looks like a fun shoot. Some of the poses are a bit awkward/unnatural. But overall I like these -- some great focus and catch-lights on most of these. I like the edits -- did you use LR presets or actions? They have a very filmish feel.
Thanks, AshleytheIslander!

It depends. Sometimes I throw in a VSCO and edit it to my preference sometimes I do everything myself
05-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Okay, I think I will get rid of shots 1,2,5, 7 and maybe 8.

What do you think about putting these in their place?

Thanks!
13: this one also doesn't work for me, it get's a bit lost.
14: also, doesn't work for me.
15: I do like the shot, it is nice but: The model should have had other shoes on, black heels or so.
16: Get rid of the pilar on the right, and you have a winner
05-05-2014, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Rokas,

1. It is very difficult to get a good shot of a female when you are shooting from below
but this one works beautifully except for the missing arm.
2. Her hips look too wide, difficult angle.
3. Might have been THE SHOT if she had looked directly at the camera, as it is, I can
hear her saying "caw caw" like a bird.
4. I love this one, her face looks relaxed and natural and looks like the new ingenue
photos that are so popular in Hollywood right now.
5. I would love to see this one with everything cropped out except her upper body &
the scarf.
6. This is so close to brilliant...if she had looked directly into the camera & you had
captured her eyes.....it would have been beyond brilliant, love the hand through the
scarf.
7. No.
8. Interesting, but it doesn't work for me due to the outfit.
9. No. I don't know why everyone always does the 'face planted against the wall shot',
it never works for me.
10. Close to stunning, again I am begging to see her eyes looking straight at me~!
11. I love this photo. It may be slightly contrived with the lace mantilla but I am intrigued
by the symbolic hint of a burka and the chastity of the black lace with the very come-
hither french manicure. Exceptional shot that speaks volumes with her Mona Lisa eyes.
12. I LOVE THIS SHOT & it is a perfect example of when it works to have the model
looking away from the camera. Absolutely beautiful shot of her and it just works~!

I personally think the setting and the props/scarves are working against you.
The dirty concrete and barren trees are distracting. I would love to see some shots of
the model with the background bokeh and the concentration on her face or just from
the waist up. I would suggest that you try some shots on the steps with her below you.

All in all, I loved two & if you get two great shots from one session, you have done well!

05-06-2014, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
Rokas,

1. It is very difficult to get a good shot of a female when you are shooting from below
but this one works beautifully except for the missing arm.
2. Her hips look too wide, difficult angle.
3. Might have been THE SHOT if she had looked directly at the camera, as it is, I can
hear her saying "caw caw" like a bird.
4. I love this one, her face looks relaxed and natural and looks like the new ingenue
photos that are so popular in Hollywood right now.
5. I would love to see this one with everything cropped out except her upper body &
the scarf.
6. This is so close to brilliant...if she had looked directly into the camera & you had
captured her eyes.....it would have been beyond brilliant, love the hand through the
scarf.
7. No.
8. Interesting, but it doesn't work for me due to the outfit.
9. No. I don't know why everyone always does the 'face planted against the wall shot',
it never works for me.
10. Close to stunning, again I am begging to see her eyes looking straight at me~!
11. I love this photo. It may be slightly contrived with the lace mantilla but I am intrigued
by the symbolic hint of a burka and the chastity of the black lace with the very come-
hither french manicure. Exceptional shot that speaks volumes with her Mona Lisa eyes.
12. I LOVE THIS SHOT & it is a perfect example of when it works to have the model
looking away from the camera. Absolutely beautiful shot of her and it just works~!

I personally think the setting and the props/scarves are working against you.
The dirty concrete and barren trees are distracting. I would love to see some shots of
the model with the background bokeh and the concentration on her face or just from
the waist up. I would suggest that you try some shots on the steps with her below you.

All in all, I loved two & if you get two great shots from one session, you have done well!
CeciProAm,
I find your critique very constructive and helpful. One of the best I've received.

I find it really hard to judge everything by myself, critique is extremely important for me to see the mistakes I did.
But I find this "shoot/post-process/get critique/improve" process very rewarding.

Sincere thanks!