Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nest
Lens: DA* 50-135 Camera: K-30 ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F3.5 

Thank you for discussion.
Cheers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pavpen/13595233105/

04-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #2

If I had taken this picture I would be definitely looking for somewhere to hang it -- I think it looks great. If I had to change something, maybe I would try different croppings to try and move the nest a litte bit more off-center. Maybe I'd try cropping the upper and a little bit of the right edge. Anyway, it is already a great shot as it is.
04-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Guizo Quote
If I had taken this picture I would be definitely looking for somewhere to hang it -- I think it looks great. If I had to change something, maybe I would try different croppings to try and move the nest a litte bit more off-center. Maybe I'd try cropping the upper and a little bit of the right edge. Anyway, it is already a great shot as it is.

I agree. A little off the top and the left for my taste and perhaps warm the tones and increase exposure by 1/4 in pp maybe... Perhaps 100iso at 1/40th, f8.0, but who am I to say that, I wasn't there to take the shot; it's really a matter of taste for such fine detail.

Very nice photo

Cheers
04-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Guizo Quote
Thank you Guizo. I'll try you suggestion. Are you telling that I should leave only one pod and have almost 2/3 of "negative space" on the left?
Cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by FreeSpirit9 Quote
I agree. A little off the top and the left for my taste and perhaps warm the tones and increase exposure by 1/4 in pp maybe... Perhaps 100iso at 1/40th, f8.0, but who am I to say that, I wasn't there to take the shot; it's really a matter of taste for such fine detail.

Very nice photo

Cheers
Tank you FreeSpirit9. I'll try to reproduce you version. When you said "warm the tones" did you mean decrease contrast?
Cheers

04-10-2014, 03:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Tank you FreeSpirit9. I'll try to reproduce you version. When you said "warm the tones" did you mean decrease contrast?
Cheers
I use Lightroom and there is an option (slider) in the Develop Tab that allows you to change the Temperature of the image. When you increase the temperatue the image histogram moves everything to the right. In the case of a B&W photo it gives it a slightly more golden tone when warmer and a slightly bluer tone when colder. I wouldn't change the contrast, what you've go is really nice, I'd just increase the exposure a little maybe to +25 or so.

I hope that this helps to explain more clearly what I meant.

Cheers.