Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: US
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
Nest
Lens: DA* 50-135 Camera: K-30 ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F3.5 

Thank you for discussion.
Cheers.



https://www.flickr.com/photos/pavpen/13595233105/

04-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 30
If I had taken this picture I would be definitely looking for somewhere to hang it -- I think it looks great. If I had to change something, maybe I would try different croppings to try and move the nest a litte bit more off-center. Maybe I'd try cropping the upper and a little bit of the right edge. Anyway, it is already a great shot as it is.
04-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian
FreeSpirit9's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 459
QuoteOriginally posted by Guizo Quote
If I had taken this picture I would be definitely looking for somewhere to hang it -- I think it looks great. If I had to change something, maybe I would try different croppings to try and move the nest a litte bit more off-center. Maybe I'd try cropping the upper and a little bit of the right edge. Anyway, it is already a great shot as it is.

I agree. A little off the top and the left for my taste and perhaps warm the tones and increase exposure by 1/4 in pp maybe... Perhaps 100iso at 1/40th, f8.0, but who am I to say that, I wasn't there to take the shot; it's really a matter of taste for such fine detail.

Very nice photo

Cheers
04-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: US
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Guizo Quote
If I had taken this picture I would be definitely looking for somewhere to hang it -- I think it looks great. If I had to change something, maybe I would try different croppings to try and move the nest a litte bit more off-center. Maybe I'd try cropping the upper and a little bit of the right edge. Anyway, it is already a great shot as it is.
Thank you Guizo. I'll try you suggestion. Are you telling that I should leave only one pod and have almost 2/3 of "negative space" on the left?
Cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by FreeSpirit9 Quote
I agree. A little off the top and the left for my taste and perhaps warm the tones and increase exposure by 1/4 in pp maybe... Perhaps 100iso at 1/40th, f8.0, but who am I to say that, I wasn't there to take the shot; it's really a matter of taste for such fine detail.

Very nice photo

Cheers
Tank you FreeSpirit9. I'll try to reproduce you version. When you said "warm the tones" did you mean decrease contrast?
Cheers

04-10-2014, 03:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian
FreeSpirit9's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 459
QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Tank you FreeSpirit9. I'll try to reproduce you version. When you said "warm the tones" did you mean decrease contrast?
Cheers
I use Lightroom and there is an option (slider) in the Develop Tab that allows you to change the Temperature of the image. When you increase the temperatue the image histogram moves everything to the right. In the case of a B&W photo it gives it a slightly more golden tone when warmer and a slightly bluer tone when colder. I wouldn't change the contrast, what you've go is really nice, I'd just increase the exposure a little maybe to +25 or so.

I hope that this helps to explain more clearly what I meant.

Cheers.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
critique, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Great Blues Nest Work snooked Post Your Photos! 9 02-18-2014 10:54 PM
Nature Wrens nest Ducatigaz Post Your Photos! 6 06-22-2013 06:40 AM
Nature Hummingbird nest update Bud Post Your Photos! 8 06-08-2013 07:33 AM
Nature Hummingbird nest Bud Post Your Photos! 34 06-04-2013 12:40 PM
Nature Red Tailed Hawk's Nest littledrawe Post Your Photos! 4 06-04-2012 03:53 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top