Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Pentaxian

A rose and a lot of other stuff in the background
Lens: smc Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 Camera: K5II ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s 

I really liked this photo first time I saw it on screen. Then I started noticing stuff I don't like; busy background, nervous bokeh, etc, etc. Finaly I reached the point I can't really see the photo anymore, I just see deficiencies. So, I need fresh eyes to tell me is this picture OK or if there is something that rubs you wrong.
Thx.

04-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I like the picture, maybe it should have been taken a bit closer, so that the other things stayed out of the picture..
04-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Zooming in with my feet wasn't an option. I played with cropping but posted the whole picture as I couldn't tell anymore what would be better
04-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The rose is lovely! The stuff in the background is distracting. I was going to recommend a little less depth of field but I see you're already at 1.7. A telephoto or zoom at a similar setting would help to blur the background a little more; 50mm is giving you a lot of DOF.
I would turn it into a vertical, cropping out the swing-set (?) on the right and coming a little closer to the stem of the rosebush on the left.
Welcome to the forum -- I have a penpal near Limassol!!