Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Playing in the Garden
Lens: Super Takumar 2/35 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Newcastle NSW ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F2 

I have now worked with the Super Tak 2/35 on a number of shoots and have come to the conclusion that it is an excellent, almost irreplaceable, short range portrait lens. The thin depth of field, centre sharpness and warm glow just work so well. Provided the background is spaced well back from the subject your bokeh is really nice. On the flip side I am becoming increasing aware of the lenses limitation in landscape photography.

The photo attached is my latest.

I printed this off today at the local photo shop at 12X8 inch - I could have gone double the size and still be pleased with the in-focus sharpness.

Comment welcome

05-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well Done!

Hello Wild Mark,
Beautiful photo!
That certainly is a fine example of sharpness where you want it and out-of-focus softness where you don't!
The skin tones and rendering, OOF quality and subject isolation are great.
TFP,
Ron
05-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I could get lost in the simple shadow of his eyelashes~that is brilliant!
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
I could get lost in the simple shadow of his eyelashes~that is brilliant!
thank you your comment is very kind. The simplicity and effect of this part of the image was not apparent until I processed it. While I was seeking the sharpness in this part of his face I was unaware of how much shadow I was getting from his eyelashes. The fact they were that sharp was a major bonus.

The Golden Ratio is the photographic rule of composition that has made this image. The sharpness in the centre of the photo keeps your interest there. The bokeh is sufficiently pleasant so as to not distract the focus.

Suffice to say I went straight to the print shop and subsequently framed the image. Having such images available for the kids to see is a wonderful experience