Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #1

Swimmer
Camera: K5 Photo Location: North Carolina 

This was a two image composite:

The swimmer was shot at 1/125s @ f/16 ISO 100. In studio using a three light setup. Using the DA*60-250 @68mm.

The background was shot at .7s @ f/16 ISO 80. Using the DA* 16-50 @ 26mm.

Combined the two using LR and PS. A little magic and voila.

Please share your thoughts and critiques. Looking to grow from this one alot. Thanks in advance!

05-08-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The composite is well done but something looks a little off. I'm not sure if the girl is too large for her placement in the image or if the back-lighting on the girl's arm looks out of place. It can be tricky getting the lighting to match up.

Tim
05-08-2014, 05:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
composition wise it is a nice shot. also the b/w tones are very good. But I find that the girl is standing in a very awkward position. Looks to me very weird.
05-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
composition wise it is a nice shot. also the b/w tones are very good. But I find that the girl is standing in a very awkward position. Looks to me very weird.

I agree. I like the composition, but if a person is going to do a composite, there's no excuse for the elements not being spot-on. The girl looks a bit awkward, like she's not quite sure about things. She's definitely aware of the camera and that kinda spoils it for me. Great job with the blend, I think. For me, it's just a posing issue (something I struggle with myself, btw).

05-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
TaoMass, thanks for the feedback. I have to agree as well. She picked the image as one of her favorites so I went with it. In the future I am def gonna overrule the client and make sure that "main" focus of the image is better composed. Thanks for everyones feedback!
05-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woollamimaging Quote
She picked the image as one of her favorites so I went with it. In the future I am def gonna overrule the client and make sure that "main" focus of the image is better composed.
Wait! If the client likes it, that's #1. Hey, it's just memory space. Shoot a bunch of poses...give the client what they want, then do the one you want for your portfolio.