Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Points well received my friend. And yes, monetary compensation is what the end goal is.

06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

I have to ask, if you think there is nothing wrong with your picture and that's the way you like it why then did you post the picture here ?

I have seen it too many times in critique sections; No that's the way it was and that's the way I like it.

Well, if it is the way you like it there is nothing anybody can do or want to do. Its your pic. That's the way it was is another matter. There are "pointers" in any pictures that will reliably reveal what it really should look like. In your picture for example just look at the colour and shade of the lighthouse and anyone can instantly see that the image does not represent the true lighting intensity or colour of the light at the time the image was taken. Equally look at the illuminated side of the trees and their corresponding shadow side and you can deduce from this that the exposure and colour balance is off.

When you say that's the way it was it simply means that's the way you want it to be and your desire replaces reality. If hat's the way you want the picture to look that's fine but don't try convincing me that the photograph represents reality. Sorry, it clearly dosn't.

Your second picture isn't much different as far as exposure and blue cast is concerned. A blue cast is often associated with underexposure. The pointers in this picture are the road markings. The white line and the yellow paint in the foreground are both influenced by the blue cast. Also here the picture was taken totally in the shade with no late in the afternoon low setting sun shining through the hazy atmosphere. The exception being the lighthouse in the far distance which catches some of the low setting sun.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-01-2014 at 04:24 PM.
06-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well I'm hearing what you have to say. And I do like some of the points, and the critiquing... sure. I'm not used to it as much I guess.
It's just my own strivie for the realism as was said before.