PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
10-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, beautiful scenery! I love the processing you did too, especially on the first.
10-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As a fellow hiker, I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents!

Photo#1 - I concur with the above; I like the effect, the warmth in the colours, and feeling of conquest that it gives. I think it's a good shot!

Photo#2 - Again, I like the balance of colours, and the composition looks pleasant and well proportioned to my eye. The only thing that I don't really like about it is the tall tree in the foreground that is missing its leaves. I find it too dominant, and once I notice it, it continues to draw my eye away from everything else.

Photo#3 - I enjoy pathway photos, as for me it represents the journey and tells a story; either explaining where they are going, or how far they've come. Again, I like the colours; their warmth and mellow tone are very nice, and again I think the composition is nicely balanced. What doesn't really work for me is how the pathway seems to disappear halfway into the photo. Even though I can see the pathway leading up through the rocks, my eye wants to start at the subject ( the hiker ) and follow the pathway to where they are going ( often the horizon ); but the continuity ends a little abruptly for me and it's hard for the eye to follow. I know this will be a pretty subjective interpretation, however; others might indeed find it intriguing. My only other niggle is the lens flare in the top left hand corner.

Photo#4 - Another nice shot! My only critique would again be the lens flare in the top left hand corner, along with what looks like maybe one or more dust spots in the sky/cloud on the top left? I don't know whether it's supposed to be there, but it looks a little unnatural to me.

Hope that was helpful, and thanks for sharing!
10-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'll keep it short:
#1 is just lovely, keep it up :-)
#4 I like the colors and the composition in general but it feel to me like too much foreground.

10-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice set!
10-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Good set. I think the first image is really good. And from the third picture i like the composition, the diagonal. Amazing place.
12-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the Critique!