Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Sun Is A Drug
Lens: FA43 Camera: K5II 

One from yesterday and I sort of like it.
Too blurry? Too sharp? Banal? Pretentious?

11-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tis Artsie.
11-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think it's good, just maybe a bit too much on top. The motive is pushed down too far, I might have changed the aspect ratio to, say, 16:9, and cropped away from the top.
11-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Tis Artsie.

Yeah, I felt it's slightly pretentious too.

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
I think it's good, just maybe a bit too much on top. The motive is pushed down too far, I might have changed the aspect ratio to, say, 16:9, and cropped away from the top.

Agreed, but I wanted that stripe of blue sky between the boards. Should have probably cropped a bit from the right to get rid of the building wall.

Heck, I'll have a lot of opportunities for this, we're in mid-November and daily temperatures are still in mid-to-high twenties (that's Celsius for you F people ) and sun as strong as ever. The poor plant has half of its leaves shriveled, what from careless exposure to direct sunlight, what from my liberal understanding of water once a week.

11-10-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
Yeah, I felt it's slightly pretentious too.

Agreed, but I wanted that stripe of blue sky between the boards. Should have probably cropped a bit from the right to get rid of the building wall.

Heck, I'll have a lot of opportunities for this, we're in mid-November and daily temperatures are still in mid-to-high twenties (that's Celsius for you F people ) and sun as strong as ever. The poor plant has half of its leaves shriveled, what from careless exposure to direct sunlight, what from my liberal understanding of water once a week.
You should keep that blue stripe, that's fine, I would cut away just above it.
11-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The position is a bit too far right.
Overall the picture just doesnt really strike me as there does not appear to be any story , or too many stories.
What is the blue line? Why is there a burnt edge on the leaf? Why diagonal lines?
I would prefer it simpler and more obvious, but if the intent is too unsettle then I guess it wins
11-22-2014, 03:24 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
The position is a bit too far right.
Overall the picture just doesnt really strike me as there does not appear to be any story , or too many stories.
What is the blue line? Why is there a burnt edge on the leaf? Why diagonal lines?
I would prefer it simpler and more obvious, but if the intent is too unsettle then I guess it wins
Thanks for commenting
Blue line is the sky behind wooden planks that provide shade for a couple of plants I have on the balcony. These are leaves on the branch growing towards the sun and out of the shade. They are consequently burned as sun here is really really strong. Hence he title. Intent? Heck, probably it's to unsettle and teach other plants (and creatures in general) that there is 'too much of a good thing'.