Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the sepia ones look pretty good. Regarding old lenses and purple fringing, you can try one trick. Add a strong UV filter, and a deep lens hood (for the "apsc equivalent"). For the CA, you can shoot raw and try making a lens profile, or just remember the optimal settings. Can't guarantee this will work, but its what I heard

11-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think the sepia ones look pretty good. Regarding old lenses and purple fringing, you can try one trick. Add a strong UV filter, and a deep lens hood (for the "apsc equivalent"). For the CA, you can shoot raw and try making a lens profile, or just remember the optimal settings. Can't guarantee this will work, but its what I heard
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that out. It was also partly my fault, if I had stopped down I would not have CA, all those pictures were shot wide open.. the other few images which I took when stopped down were sharp and without CA.
11-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
Well, that was a one time trip to South Padre and its more than 5 hours away. Probably need to find something closer to Houston. I do love taking pictures of birds and animals.
Before I was interested in photographing critters, I could name maybe a dozen species of birds in my area. Now I have pics of over 50!

I never tire of photographing the animals, its sort of a bonding thing, I think, and educational, too. I hope you get the opportunity to post lots of pics.
11-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the second sepia version works best, and the slight edge blur is not noticeable at that size.