Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-17-2014, 03:36 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I honestly want to thank everybody for taking their time to look at the photos and write their opinions about them It really helps and I am happy to see that photo critique section is more alive than ever

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Are you sure you posted in right place? I have nothing to say what's wrong, everything is just great. I love your style. It's like between art and documentary.
You are really good.
Thanks! Talking about style, it is a difficult question. To be honest I don't think that I have found my style yet. But it really helps when I hear opinions and critique, then I can see which direction I am actually going

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
I like the set as a whole, particularly for the composition. I see some busy bokeh in the last shot, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just an artistic difference in my opinion. I kind of feel like the initial shot of the city is blocked too much by the trees, but outside of that, I like the rest. 11, 10, 6, 4, and 3 are all standouts for me.
Thank you, yeah, I agree about the first shot. Cropped the bottom and I love the photo much more now

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Nice series, a girl and her pentax. Good work!
A beautiful girl indeed! To be honest that was my Pentax. (second body), but it looks just so much better in the hands of a gorgeous girl

QuoteOriginally posted by chicagovianka Quote
Great pictures! I love your style, especially pictures 2,3, and 4. I'm personally not a fan of wide angle choice in picture 6, it makes me feel a bit claustrophobic. But it's just my opinion. Overall great work, and I'm sure some of those pictures will go in a frame
Thanks! 2 and 4 are my favorites too! Regarding the fisheye shots, yeah, it is kind of difficult to get a good result, I just started using that lens.. but I just feel there is so much creative potential there. I need more practice

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Number 4 is a money shot! All the images are well exposed and sharp. I personally am not fond of extreme wide angles with perspective,distortion. You have a lovely model and fine photos to show Vilnius and her.
Thanks! 4th is probably my favorite

QuoteOriginally posted by madhurvyas Quote
Great shots, all of them, Also You have showed how to use your fisheye lens for people photography.
Thanks! Not that many people do that,so I thought it would be interesting to try

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Goos exposure, sharp and good colours. Really great photos. My critique would be that in photo #4 her nose hides one eye. In #13 the lens is a nice idea but it shouldnt show a 'hole'. But all in all stunning photos, thanks for posting this series
Thanks! I wish I could do something about that in #4, but the moment is gone

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
That's pretty cool... you get the model to carry the kit, this is where I've been going wrong all these years.
Live and learn!

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I'm not a fan of the style but it didn't interfere with my appreciation of a well-chosen subject.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
Another vote for photo number 2. Nice vintage look.
2nd is one of my favorites too, thanks!

11-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A fantastic set!
I agree with others, this shouldn't be in the critique section
but since you posted it here, here are a couple of very minor suggestions:
some pics are a little too centered for my taste (2 - just slightly, 5 - but it also works this way, it's symmetrical, 6 - it's a little off center: no middle ways the way I see it, either centered or thirds , 7)
I like the "look", little saturation etc., but I would have liked a little less contrast esp. in the portraits, you're making her look a tough lady, but maybe a little too much (I don't know her, nor your intentions, just guessing).
As I said, more or less insignificant things.
11-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
A fantastic set!
I agree with others, this shouldn't be in the critique section
but since you posted it here, here are a couple of very minor suggestions:
some pics are a little too centered for my taste (2 - just slightly, 5 - but it also works this way, it's symmetrical, 6 - it's a little off center: no middle ways the way I see it, either centered or thirds , 7)
I like the "look", little saturation etc., but I would have liked a little less contrast esp. in the portraits, you're making her look a tough lady, but maybe a little too much (I don't know her, nor your intentions, just guessing).
As I said, more or less insignificant things.
Thanks!
I know what you mean, this time I chose to add a little more contrast (usually I prefer less contrasty approach), just to see how people respond. I mean, what I have learned that for some reason people feel much more attracted to high/higher contrast photos.
11-22-2014, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Thanks!
I know what you mean, this time I chose to add a little more contrast (usually I prefer less contrasty approach), just to see how people respond. I mean, what I have learned that for some reason people feel much more attracted to high/higher contrast photos.
It's just like when you are mixing and raise the volume: the mix gets more appealing, but not because it's better, only because, the way the human sound perception works, louder sounds are perceived as "better", to a limited extent.
I bet the same happens with contrast...

11-22-2014, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
It's just like when you are mixing and raise the volume: the mix gets more appealing, but not because it's better, only because, the way the human sound perception works, louder sounds are perceived as "better", to a limited extent.
I bet the same happens with contrast...
That is a pretty good explanation

Thanks!