Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2014, 05:10 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Cherished childhood
Lens: SMC Pentax DA 35mm F2.4 Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Other place ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F4.5 

Hello!

This photo is part of the album `Best of the worst` .
I would greatly appreciate every critique, that can cover every basis (technique, editing, composition, ect. ) so I can grow. Thank you for the time you' ve given to look at my work and even more so, for your critiques!

All the best!

12-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #2

Looks great! Though I don't see any motion blur, I would recommend you keep your shutter at a faster more comfortable speed. Using slow shutter speeds can become a bad habbit and cost you some great photographs. Hope I helped
12-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ptr_Mrtn Quote
Looks great! Though I don't see any motion blur, I would recommend you keep your shutter at a faster more comfortable speed. Using slow shutter speeds can become a bad habbit and cost you some great photographs. Hope I helped

Hello,

Thank you very much for the time you took to watch my work and comment.
The slow shutter speed was to get enough light into the `system` .
Back then I must confess I didn' t really know the limits of the K5, as far as high ISO goes (and it goes very high for quality shots) , so I stayed at ISO 800.
Although I wanted some motion blur, it didn' t happen as I expected. This was a moment when the mother was holding the child head for him to sleep during a concert; he fell asleep after she caressed his head.

Thank you again and all the best!
12-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

No changes needed, IMO, because it's good as is. Since you asked for critique I'll suggest an experiment that might work or might not. The circular table on the left edge doesn't add to the photo (but isn't a big distraction either). Maybe crop the left to make a square composition, or crop the left and top to retain the existing aspect ratio.