Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #1

Evening with Danish design
Lens: Canon 50mm/1.8 Camera: Canon 550D Photo Location: Copenhagen, Denmark ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F2.8 

Picture I took while staying at a friends apartment in Copenhagen for a day. Beautiful city, great day and some great memories and this capture brings back those memories, I have a similar one in color but I think I like this one better, let me know what you think - the color one is also on my blog I can post it here if anyone is interested.

12-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Heh, that's the Swan chair by Arne Jacobsen, the guy who also made the "Egg" chair so often used in music videos etc.

I like the backlight. It makes you want to kick back with a beer and enjoy the streetlife below.
Since this is critique, I ought to suggest some improvements. So how about going back and retake the shot with the door off its hinges so you eliminate the lock parts at the left edge. Either that or try some cloning work.

Regards,
--Anders.
12-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I actually did took one few steps back - however with the doors. I also think that the wider shot works better in color (both are on my blog btw. )

01-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #4

the photo color I prefer but it would be better if someone is present on the chair fesant something. This would make more vivid picture.

01-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
Forum Member

The color one is definitely a step above. I like the composition better and the perspective is interesting. I also think that the depth of field is more appropriate in the second shot, as the bars are a little more in focus and there is a better sense of distance with the blurred background. Finally, lucky you! Copenhagen is an amazing city
01-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas514 Quote
The color one is definitely a step above. I like the composition better and the perspective is interesting. I also think that the depth of field is more appropriate in the second shot, as the bars are a little more in focus and there is a better sense of distance with the blurred background. Finally, lucky you! Copenhagen is an amazing city
Thank you for the feedback. What I like about the color one is also the fact that you get a glimpse of the street (although in retrospective I could have waited for the car to drive off). Still most of the times I get drawn back to the B&W version.
And very true that Copenhagen is a great place to be, I wish I will be able to move there one day.
01-29-2015, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by voy-tech Quote
Thank you for the feedback. What I like about the color one is also the fact that you get a glimpse of the street (although in retrospective I could have waited for the car to drive off). Still most of the times I get drawn back to the B&W version.
And very true that Copenhagen is a great place to be, I wish I will be able to move there one day.
You're welcome! I currently live in Stockholm, but everytime I can, I try to go to Cph. By the way, this thread inspired me another one that I just posted in the critique section
01-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas514 Quote
You're welcome! I currently live in Stockholm, but everytime I can, I try to go to Cph. By the way, this thread inspired me another one that I just posted in the critique section
I wouldn't mind living in either Stockholm or Copenhagen although I cannot complain, Portland is a great place to live, especially if you're a outdoor/food person - still I miss Europe a little bit