Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2015, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #16

Original Poster
Thanks DK77, I completely agree about the offcenter road bit. It bugs me. I think the main reason I keep it is because of how interesting the cloud formation/coloration is to me.

As for the first two, I am definitely not done exploring that style. I also went back in and killed the lens flare as well as increased SOME of that shadow detailing, but I do like a little of it to fade to an impenetrable blackness to convey how I saw the scene. It was very dark that night, and there were many spots that the light did not touch. It was a mystical, peaceful sort of isolation. And tense, always listening for dangerous wildlife.

Thank you all for the critiques so far. It has helped a lot! Trying to nail down my photographic niche is hard. I want to do it all haha.

To that end I just bought a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 last night. Seems like a versatile lens and I need something better than my CA filled 75-300 Tamron, not to mention faster and sharper.

02-01-2015, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
Here are the edits based on you all's recommendations. I couldn't center the one with the road really, partially due to the way the road is and partly because of dealing with parallax. If I crop it, it is still decentered.
But I did clone out the glare in the tree pic and bring out some shadows(although I still like it a bit dark on the left) and I changed the road pic to B&W.

Thanks for all of the advice!