Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2015, 03:16 AM   #1

Egyptian Staircases
Lens: DAL 18-55mm Camera: K3 Photo Location: Munich, Egyptian Museum ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/50s Aperture: F3.5 

Well, this is now my first attempt on architecture photography. The first shot was taken in Munich in the egyptian museum during the long night of architecture some weeks ago. The other two images are from the same night trip. I'm interested in what you think about it, what should/could be improved? (Keep in mind that I scaled the images down to make the uploads easier.)

1/50s, f3.5, ISO800, 18mm, DAL 18-55mm

This is inside the construction site of the new Siemens HQ.

1/50s, f4, ISO1600, 18mm, DAL 18-55mm

Some shops in Munich.

1/50s, f4, ISO200, 18mm, DAL 18-55mm

EDIT: Sorry, this was meant to be in Architecture not Abstract... (changed)

Best regards,
Peter

Last edited by coolmast; 02-08-2015 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Missed Category
02-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have tried multiple times to take pictures of cool hallways, and I don't think I ever succeeded (I'm just an amateur though). I think hallways are just really hard to photograph because you have to be in them, and if you are in it then it makes everything symmetrical and centered.

This unfortunately causes the leading lines to go into the center. I like leading lines but if they don't lead out of the picture, then they should lead to something really interesting. I'm no pro or anything and I'm sure you've taken way better pics than I have but I think what your first and third pics lack is something more interesting at the end of the leading lines. Although the third one is better because it curves and opens up the possibility of continuing out of sight, which is effectively the same as leading out of the pic.

The second pic has really great colors and leading lines. I would have liked to see more of the building perhaps, or something to contrast with the walls.

Good luck! You are off to a great start it seems. I think architectural photography is one of the hardest types because you are essentially trying to showcase the uniqueness of what most people see as plain old buildings, and your subjects are usually very linear and box-shaped. What a challenge! (Well, at least they don't move!)