Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #1

Mourning Dove
Lens: Tamron 70-300 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Niagara ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F7.1 

Woke up this morning to see this on my neighbours deck. Thought it looked like a nice shot from where I was standing making my morning tea, so I decided to grab my camera and shoot. No real setup (other than opening the window), just grab and shoot quickly.
It's a basic simple shot, but I wanted some more experienced eye to give some feedback. What would you have done different with compositions, exposure settings (I did already brighten it in lightroom, as it was underexposed for the bird. Also heavy CA on the branches removed).
I want to hone my skills, and the feedback I read already from other posts is so helpful, so I thought I'd ask about my own shot.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I really like the composition. You might brighten it just a bit, and straighten it. ( the post seems to be leaning to the left).
One question though. Is the post, railing, etc., actually blue?
03-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah, I probably should have straightened it out. The post is more white, but not pure white, but it isn't quite blue. I tried to match what I could from memory (now that I am at work). Plus, my monitor isn't calibrated either, so that could be affecting it as well. I'll play with it later tonight to adjust correctly. Thanks for the input.