Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

Into the Mystic
Lens: Da* 50-135 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Doaktown N.B. Canada ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F14 

I went looking for a sunrise in the river valley but ended up with lots of fog so this is what I had to work with.

05-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sucks when clouds won't do as they're told. Been having that trouble myself lately.
05-10-2015, 05:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gastch Quote
I went looking for a sunrise in the river valley but ended up with lots of fog...
I read a great article by Dewitt Jones years ago where he talked about going out on a shoot where he had previsualized what he was going to shoot...only to find that wasn't happening when he got on location. He sulked for a while, then decided to shoot the existing conditions since he was out there anyway. He ended up getting some great shots and his message was, "Shoot what God gives you." I kinda like the image you posted. It just needs a little something extra. I've seen other folks complain about fog, but it can actually give pics a sense of mystery they might not have otherwise. The trick to shooting in fog is to find subject matter that is close enough to the camera that its sharpness won't be diffused by the fog. A boat, log, rocks, weeds...whatever.
10-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went looking for a sunrise in the river valley but ended up with lots of fog so this is what I had to work with.
here in the Southwest we would love to have some of those to shoot.. (well, occasionally)

10-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Not sure I like the little bit of land and plant on the right side
10-23-2019, 01:28 AM   #6

very nice and soft