Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2015, 09:31 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Labyrinth
Lens: Rokinon 14mm Camera: k5ii Photo Location: Cape Cod, MA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F5.8 

HDR in Photoshop with 1.0 EV separation

Attached Images

05-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting structure. Does it have any special significance? I am not an exponent or fan of HDR but in moderation I do not mind its use. I can certainly see the benefits in this image.
05-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Interesting structure. Does it have any special significance? I am not an exponent or fan of HDR but in moderation I do not mind its use. I can certainly see the benefits in this image.

The labyrinth is designed as a walk way for inner reflection. They are often in gardens or retreat houses/monasteries. This one is unusual as it's in the middle of a stand of trees. People walk from the outside to the middle following the circular (should say curved) pattern which will bring you to the end. Then you walk out again, following the path.

This picture was taken in interesting light, just after a rain storm with some cloud breaking sunlight. The HDR helps accentuate the atmosphere in this case.
05-16-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I dunno if it has to do with the HDR, but the centre of the shot seems a little softer than i'd expect from that lens. I really like the shot though, great composition Maybe adjust the WB, cool it down and bring back the greens a little.

05-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
I dunno if it has to do with the HDR, but the centre of the shot seems a little softer than i'd expect from that lens. I really like the shot though, great composition Maybe adjust the WB, cool it down and bring back the greens a little.

Very good input. I have since sold that lens, which I really liked, but have a DA 16-50 to replace it. Not sure that's as sharp to be honest, and might have been premature to get rid of it.