Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Poinsett Bridge Arch
Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Tygerville, SC ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/8s Aperture: F13.5 

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/members/91664-donspyv/albums/9760-learnin...cture89795.jpg

Please let me know what you think would make this picture better. I have only had my K-50 for a month or so, and am still learning how to use it and the editing software.

06-16-2015, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice. I like the subject. Centered would be really cool I think. Especially with that background, wow that's a gorgeous forest. Maybe work on bringing up the contrast. Nice eye!
06-16-2015, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very nice, My only comment would be to see more of the stream leading up to the arch, I want to be pulled into the scene.
love the colors and mood of the shot though
06-17-2015, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this is an image that calls for symmetry as an earlier poster has suggested. Some minor lightening of the shadows under the arch may work depending on your intentions. Your lighting of the forest through the arch is excellent. One very minor thing, on the right hand lower side, there is a hint of some leaves poking into the frame, I would clone them out. I am undecided on the lighter coloured stone on the right. Cropping it out removes too much of the structure. Is there an option to include more of this stone? If so the leaves on the right might start to have an impact. It is very hard to be definite without seeing the whole scene. All up, in my opinion, a nice image with possibilities.

06-17-2015, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
My only comment would be to see more of the stream leading up to the arch, I want to be pulled into the scene.
I agree, the rest of the image is fine
06-17-2015, 05:09 AM   #6

Original Poster
Without reshooting the image, which I could do at a later date, the most I could do is go back to the raw photo and edit it differently. To get more of the stream, I would definitely have to reshoot.
07-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #7

At first look it seems out of focus. Tripod or freehand? Perspective on a reshoot, having the arch center mass and shoot a few working around the center. Like said above, bring the shot back and get more landscape in. Are you able to get in a night shot? Having some lights set up on the back side of the bridge and perhaps a flash to show the cave while the back is lit might make for a great shot too?

Last edited by matt-c6v9; 07-11-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Thinking about it.
07-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matt-c6v9 Quote
At first look it seems out of focus. Tripod or freehand? Perspective on a reshoot, having the arch center mass and shoot a few working around the center. Like said above, bring the shot back and get more landscape in. Are you able to get in a night shot? Having some lights set up on the back side of the bridge and perhaps a flash to show the cave while the back is lit might make for a great shot too?
It was done with a tripod, everything in manual. The stream bed actually flows away from the arch to the left of where I shot from, but I could maybe get more landscape in. I may be able to do a night shot, but theoretically, the park is closed at night.

07-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #9

May I ask where that is located?
07-13-2015, 05:12 AM   #10

Original Poster
It's between Travellers Rest, Landrum and Greenville, South Carolina, Off of Highway 11.