Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Truck and 5
Lens: 18-135 WR Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Ukraine ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 

This photo was taken on very bright sunny day with 135mm focal length. So I tried pretty hard to adjust colors and sharpness.
What do you think?

As a complete rookie in raw-processing, I whould be glad to hear some advices on ways to improve this picture

Thank you.

08-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Here's my version, just a quick tweak (30 seconds no more I promise) to shadows, clarity, sharpening, a bit of colour to the sky and slight crop to get the two elements of truck and people onto the thirds.

Is this what you had in mind?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
08-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Is this what you had in mind?
Thanks Kerrowdown,

but as for me it looks now a little bit oversharped. And the sky color is great)
08-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barada Quote
but as for me it looks now a little bit oversharped
Aye you could well be right, but as I said this was only a quick tweak on a jpeg file, which is not something I usually do.

But I wanted to show you the potential that your image has, if you wanted to take your time with it.

08-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

My suggestions are that it needs to be cropped, Kerrowdown's is good, but personally I'd crop higher (less ground, more sky)

To me the large amount of ground distracts from the subjects (truck and people), where the sky being a far greater contrast to them helps to frame them.
I also find that a more sky inclusive crop would give the illusion of the peaks being taller and more remote.

As for exposure, the people are a little washed out, but to be honest you've done about as well as you can with a difficult lighting situation like that (backlit and far away)

I'd probably go either way with it, try brightening it a little and see how that goes, if not it may work better to darken, add contrast and go for an almost silhouette look.
08-20-2015, 07:18 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you, friends. You gave me some insigts to think about.

Idea to make a high-cotrast sihouette seems nice, I wiil try.