Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Fun with Nik plug-ins.
Lens: 75mm Camera: Pentax 645 ISO: 100 

I got the Nik plug-ins last week and have been applying it to some analog shots that just weren't that great and came out with something. I don't know how I feel about them yet. On one hand I like to try to get the best capture possible technically and in composition. But I guess when conditions are limited software is the next tool in the box. I just stumbled upon this car club met-up last month and grabbed a few shots while a thunderstorm was rolling in. I have trouble thinking about how to shoot cars and tend to focus on one aspect of portion of it that I like. Ideally a parking lot is not the best place to shoot a vintage car and I didn't stick around long enough to make friends and ask about closing hoods or anything like that. So I guess a crop was in order.

Last edited by _Ben; 09-15-2015 at 06:26 PM.
09-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #2

Can't see your pictures... or they are black and white one way signs...
09-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperSyx Quote
Can't see your pictures... or they are black and white one way signs...
I just tried in Internet Explorer and no dice. I'm using Chrome and can see them OK. Maybe I'll try a Flickr link.

---------- Post added 09-15-15 at 08:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by _Ben Quote
I just tried in Internet Explorer and no dice. I'm using Chrome and can see them OK. Maybe I'll try a Flickr link.
How's that?
09-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #4

That is golden my friend! Definitely love the effect.

09-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first shot I really like, nice composition and colors etc. The composition of the second one could use some improvement. But also here, I like pastel kinda colors. Really suits the subject.

But hhen thinking about it, it is really ridiculous. People always wanted the latest gear, because (whatever reason). But well, then again that is progress. But when it comes to PP of photo's, it is almost like people are terrified of progress. Even in PP there has always been lot of progress. So never be afraid to do it. software is only one of the tools to get the photo you want the way you want it.
09-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
The first shot I really like, nice composition and colors etc. The composition of the second one could use some improvement. But also here, I like pastel kinda colors. Really suits the subject.

But hhen thinking about it, it is really ridiculous. People always wanted the latest gear, because (whatever reason). But well, then again that is progress. But when it comes to PP of photo's, it is almost like people are terrified of progress. Even in PP there has always been lot of progress. So never be afraid to do it. software is only one of the tools to get the photo you want the way you want it.
Thanks.

The first image is an PP edit of the second. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 02:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperSyx Quote
That is golden my friend! Definitely love the effect.
Thanks, I'm liking it more today. I think I need a macro lens for these tight detail shots.