Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
I'm trying to learn how to take portraits. Here there is the best one I've made so far.
I think that it is a good one, but I'm sure that my idea is conditioned by the fact that I have made it, obviously. So, I'm showing it to you all, for sure more expert than me.
Click on the link for the high resolution version on Flickr.
I'm thankful for every kind of critique!

Anna's eyes. by Flavio Petrone, su Flickr
nice colur in the eyes .remind me of the famus afgan girl on the cover of national geo .

12-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well, I have to agree with Mr. Blodgett regarding the lighting. I feel the darkness on her left side is a bit overwhelming, in that it hides too much of a lovely young lady's face. There is nothing wrong with having a fully lit face of a beautiful young woman if it is done correctly. I will say this is quite a wonderful effort on your part. Your composition, sharpness and pose are all outstanding. I would also add that with her eyes at that angle with dark eyebrows, she appears to be angry. I little smile would go a long way. Thanks for providing such a lovely photo to study. I am sure we are all looking forward to more excellent work from you.

Ciao,

Antoniotee
Thank you very much for all the compliments. Yes, I think that I could have done better about lightening, I'll keep it in my mind for the future. Thank you again!

---------- Post added 12-17-15 at 02:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
I admire the photograph as presented.
I think I like it even more if cropped a bit from the top to eliminate the light area (river) at upper left.
Best wishes, and I hope to see more of your photography.
This was another doubt I had, in the end I preferred to avoid to crop too much. Thank you!

---------- Post added 12-17-15 at 02:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by X atnep Quote
nice colur in the eyes .remind me of the famus afgan girl on the cover of national geo .
Some people on the net said that this was a bad attempt to reproduce that picture. This is not the truth, anyway I'm happy that it reminds one of the best work of a great photographer such as Steve McCurry. Thank you!
12-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice try for the first attempt. Congratulations. I love her sharp eyes the way it is though.
12-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
nice try for the first attempt. Congratulations. I love her sharp eyes the way it is though.
Thank you!