Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
I was trying to get the girl in focus with the front of the car less in focus
Manual focus is also another option.

12-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
nice examples.
Just google "car pinups".
12-15-2015, 06:07 AM   #18

Focus and recompose is the technical term to for "sliding across and keep focus" - it can be easily done with the k-30 using the right settings. You don't want to be using "auto-11" or "auto-5" focus type as the camera will just use what ever focus points are most contrasty and closer to the camera which isn't the same thing you want to focus on (as experienced by you!)
12-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #19

try to use a slower aperture like f8 or f11. as it is night time with slow aperture and preferably not too high ISO, you will have to go for slow shutter speed to get exposure right. get a tripod or put it on top of something, the latter is what i do works fine with some adjustments hence all the straches on the bottom of my camera, ooppsss