Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Not exactly the hero shot
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Tromsø, Norway ISO: 10000 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F4.5 

Dunno if it's purely lackluster PP on my part, or if it's because it doesn't have the motion that I expect and need a good concert shot to have, but I feel like, although I like the low-key portrait style (although it was candid at a concert) and the musician's expression, there's something missing. I'd love to get some feedback on it!

11-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think there should be a bit less cropped on the right. It feels very claustrophobic to me. And I think you need to raise the exposure some as well as the blacks/shadows. Then increase the contrast.

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 09:03 AM ----------

The mic definitely needs to be more apparent if it's going to be in the picture.

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 09:07 AM ----------

And, at least on my iphone, the color seems a bit off. Probably from the dim lighting. Not sure how much you'll be able to adjust it so it may be best going B&W. Which will look nice once the mic stands out and you lighten lights and highlights.
11-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The colours are easy to fix-- I'm just not very good at getting skin tones right on the first try. Good point about the mic, thanks for the feedback!