Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2018, 06:24 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The new shot really was a vast improvement. The evolution of the shot is pretty neat to see. I'm taking notes. Lol.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 04-29-2018 at 04:23 AM.
04-29-2018, 05:05 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The new shot really was a vast improvement.
Agree UncleVanya. Back in 2015, I didn't really know what I was doing -- I just wanted to have a go at shooting in the porch light. I didn't know anything about lighting and mainly what to look for. :-) I'm still trying to learn how to "smell" the light.

BTW the published photo isn't what I can see in my LR. I'm not sure why this is ...?!
04-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Are you exporting using Adobe sRgb color profile? If not, then it will look a lot different and may not render correctly in the forums.
04-29-2018, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Are you exporting using Adobe sRgb color profile? If not, then it will look a lot different and may not render correctly in the forums.
I've just checked my LR and the color profile is set to AdobeRGB (1998). I used to have it set to sRGB but a local printing company told me that I need to change color profile to AdobeRGB for print. Is this correct? Obviously, I forgot to change it back.

04-29-2018, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Katja Quote
I've just checked my LR and the color profile is set to AdobeRGB (1998). I used to have it set to sRGB but a local printing company told me that I need to change color profile to AdobeRGB for print. Is this correct? Obviously, I forgot to change it back.
We even had a Pentax paid professional make that error and wondering why his colours weren't right on the forum, Katja, so don't worry too much about it!
04-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
We even had a Pentax paid professional make that error and wondering why his colours weren't right on the forum, Katja, so don't worry too much about it!
Some additional information re this matter:

- I noticed that the first uploaded photo didn't look correct
- I deleted my post and uploaded a new picture (with new edits); I repeated this a several times as the second file never made it to my post
- I gave up and left the original photo in my post .. my reason for posting wasn't to discuss "color profile". :-)

I'm not sure if my thinking is correct and maybe this platform can't distinguish between the original file and new file ...?
04-29-2018, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You might be right. You can try renaming the file before uploading.

04-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Shoot what you see with your heart my friend...It will not always turn out perfect... but it will go a long way in making you feel good... and take a whole bunch of us with you!

cheers mate!

François
04-29-2018, 11:46 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You might be right. You can try renaming the file before uploading.
I did and it didn't work. :-( Don't worry, I hope it'll work next time. I made the effort following the suggested ideas and that's the most important in this instance. Thank you again for your cc. :-)

---------- Post added 04-30-2018 at 05:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by françois Quote
Shoot what you see with your heart my friend...It will not always turn out perfect... but it will go a long way in making you feel good... and take a whole bunch of us with you!

cheers mate!

François
I can't agree more François. :-)