Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pocket Watch
Lens: smc PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.4 AL Camera: Pentax K-r ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/3s Aperture: F16 

I don't normally frame my photos but I thought I would with this one because I thought it added to the whole. This was originally taken in colour and changed in Lightroom. It is the final image in a blog that I have been writing on wordpress HERE. You might like to have a look to see where I was coming from with the project.

The final image was taken with the watch laying flat on an old piece of wood with a lens cleaning cloth laying next to it. Light was provided by a single 60 x 80 softbox camera left. The light was very close to the subject and aimed at about 45 angle from above. The camera, Pentax K-r, was aimed straight down from above held by a Manfrotto Single Arm 2 Section with Camera Bracket which allows me to get right over the subject . The lens was a Pentax SMC 35mm f/2.4 AL set at f/16, ISO 100 and 1.3″ shutter. Eventually I used the Sepia Tone preset in Lightroom and added the frame.

Thoughts, comments and critique very welcome.

01-22-2016, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't mind the frame, but I find the upper edge of the watch being cropped rather distracting.
01-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Would you believe I hadn't noticed that Jim. I suppose I'd been concentrating on other things too much.