Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2016, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm looking at this on a different screen right now, non-calibrated, Samsung Galaxy tablet, and the difference in skin tones is marked. It really is an eye-of-the-beholder thing. If you don't mind, OP, I'd like to save the various iterations of this pic to a few different platforms and see how they simultaneously compare to my work monitor.

03-22-2016, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, the photo is slightly dark, but I don't find that to be a big problem (unless you will print it out, as prints automatically look even darker than photos on digital screens), it kind of works with the mood.
Honestly, the only critique I would mention is that the eyes look almost too green. I know that adding a little punch to eyes is very common with PP, but there is a very fine line between emphasizing their natural beauty and making them seem like coloured contacts.
All in all, great photo. Nicely framed, cute subject, interesting outfit/look, seems to be focused right. Just add a little EV+ and its perfect

QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
thanks - I am having issues with my new monitor and windows 10 ?
Ah, I think there is an actual bug associated with win 10 and screen brightness. You might want to google a little bit, I think there is a fix. I haven't experienced it myself, but some friends who have Win 10 did.
04-03-2016, 03:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Did you get a wide gamut monitor or something?

I know that PS has some profile set and take into account profiles and other things that 99.9% of application don't. 99.9% assume srgb.

Also for the overall light level the actual brightness of the screen and ambiant light is key. Except if you do it in a room without window or always same hour, same ligting condition, the picture will look quite different...

And other people will have various screens, various settings and lighting conditions.

I am not sure qualibration would help much with all of this, honestly. It would sure help to get it printed, but for light level when sharing over the web, that is a different story. Not like you can control other people monitors and viewing conditions.
04-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I will print it and see what happens... I have a little Epson picture mate ... I know back lighting can change things.. thanks