Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Analog Efex Pro 2 PP
Lens: Pentax-M 35mm f2 Camera: Pentax K5IIS Photo Location: Thouars (F) ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 

I have been playing around with the Nik software (now available for free). Here is one edited with Analog Efex Pro. Thank you for your comments, suggestions…

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
03-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fg-one Quote
I have been playing around with the Nik software (now available for free). Here is one edited with Analog Efex Pro. Thank you for your comments, suggestions…
You do not mention which parameters you played with but the result is very pleasant to the eye. I really like everything in that picture, colors, contrast, composition. Could you be more specific about the free software you mention?
03-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JoseFF Quote
You do not mention which parameters you played with but the result is very pleasant to the eye. I really like everything in that picture, colors, contrast, composition. Could you be more specific about the free software you mention?
Thank you for your appreciation. I am mentioning the Nik software which is made of a set of different plug-ins that can be used with Lightroom or Photoshop. My favorite is Silver Efex Pro, for B&W conversion. I purchased this one some years ago. Since then, the Nik company was bought by Google. A few days ago, Google issued a statement that they were now giving the whole lot for free. You'll find it here:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

I can't remember which preset I have used to edit the image but there are only 9 of them in Analog Efex Pro. You then choose a type of film and tune the intensity of the transformation to taste. It is quite simple and fun to play with. It does not suit every image though.
03-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You achieved a very nice vintage look to this image. Nothing distracting. Not overdone. Great choice to go vintage with it thanks to that lovely light.

03-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fg-one Quote
Thank you for your appreciation. I am mentioning the Nik software which is made of a set of different plug-ins that can be used with Lightroom or Photoshop. My favorite is Silver Efex Pro, for B&W conversion. I purchased this one some years ago. Since then, the Nik company was bought by Google. A few days ago, Google issued a statement that they were now giving the whole lot for free. You'll find it here:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

I can't remember which preset I have used to edit the image but there are only 9 of them in Analog Efex Pro. You then choose a type of film and tune the intensity of the transformation to taste. It is quite simple and fun to play with. It does not suit every image though.
Thank you for your quick answer.
03-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
You achieved a very nice vintage look to this image. Nothing distracting. Not overdone. Great choice to go vintage with it thanks to that lovely light.
Thank you todd. It was a nice winter light with the sun being quite low but sometimes, one wishes to have a few clouds above. This empty sky is what prompted me to add a bit of vignetting.