Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old World Charm with New World Machine.
Lens: Nikon 28~105mm D Lens Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Overseas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 

I thought this was a very interesting scenario with all the vibrant colors that just exude Old World Charm. I tried to use previsualization sans the bicycle, but thought, naaahh, looks fine just the way it is. Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment. Also, the EXIF Data is incomplete in Windows 10 photo gallery, however I am confident that I used the lens indicated.

Tonytee

I am going to have to figure out why I lose sharpness during uploading, along with brightness. Now it looks underexposed at bottom left and bottom right. Any ideas, please?

Last edited by Tonytee; 04-16-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Additional Information
04-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I am going to have to figure out why I lose sharpness during uploading, along with brightness. Now it looks underexposed at bottom left and bottom right. Any ideas, please?
You will only lose sharpness if your photo exceeds the attachment resolution limit (1400x900), at which point our system will scale it to 1400x900 and apply 95% compression. On smaller monitors, the forum will also scale photos to match the width of the page, so make sure you're viewing the page in fullscreen mode (this does not alter the file itself, it just makes it appear smaller if needed).

If you don't save your photo in sRGB (i.e. if you use AdobeRGB), the colors won't look right in certain browsers. I don't believe that's the case with this photo.

As for the exposure, it should be unaffected. It's possible that when you viewed this photo on your computer, lens corrections were shown but not saved. The photo itself does appear to be underexposed a bit.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-17-2016, 01:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You will only lose sharpness if your photo exceeds the attachment resolution limit (1400x900), at which point our system will scale it to 1400x900 and apply 95% compression. On smaller monitors, the forum will also scale photos to match the width of the page, so make sure you're viewing the page in fullscreen mode (this does not alter the file itself, it just makes it appear smaller if needed).

If you don't save your photo in sRGB (i.e. if you use AdobeRGB), the colors won't look right in certain browsers. I don't believe that's the case with this photo.

As for the exposure, it should be unaffected. It's possible that when you viewed this photo on your computer, lens corrections were shown but not saved. The photo itself does appear to be underexposed a bit.
I see what you are saying. However, both the bottom corners are unmistakably underexposed when compared to the original. Would it be alright if I can make corrections and then re-post it?

Thnx,
Tony
04-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I see what you are saying. However, both the bottom corners are unmistakably underexposed when compared to the original. Would it be alright if I can make corrections and then re-post it?

Thnx,
Tony
Absolutely- you can delete the existing file and upload the other.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-18-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice composition. I agree it does look a bit under. I find I get best results on uploading by first adding my images to an album on this site and then adding them to the tread from the album rather than directly from my hard drive. I am not sure why this would be so but it works best for me.
04-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Nice composition. I agree it does look a bit under. I find I get best results on uploading by first adding my images to an album on this site and then adding them to the tread from the album rather than directly from my hard drive. I am not sure why this would be so but it works best for me.
Thanks, B.C., I think I just need to remember to downsize the photo prior to uploading. I like your idea and plan on using it in the very near future.

A million thanks,

Tonytee
04-19-2016, 05:08 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I love the colors and soft light on this pic. If anything, I think it could be cropped it a wee bit tighter. Mostly, I think you could do without the two bright pink flowers on the right edge of the frame. They pull your eye away from the main composition of the window, bike, and main group of flowers.

04-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I love the colors and soft light on this pic. If anything, I think it could be cropped it a wee bit tighter. Mostly, I think you could do without the two bright pink flowers on the right edge of the frame. They pull your eye away from the main composition of the window, bike, and main group of flowers.
I see what you are saying and I agree. Thank you for your input.

Tonytee