Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome, really awesome.
Lens: Nikon 35~80mm 1:4~5.6D Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Sherwood, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 

I like this shot a great deal. It was actually a labor of love to get this composition. Thanks for looking and please feel free to offer any comments and suggestions.

Rgds,

Tonytee

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D70  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 04-23-2016 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Upgraded Version
04-23-2016, 03:02 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Always thought this was a Pentax forum showing Pentax related information good luck showing your photos here with a Nikon camera and lens. Thanks
04-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
Always thought this was a Pentax forum showing Pentax related information good luck showing your photos here with a Nikon camera and lens. Thanks
We are primarily a pentax group yes but ultimately, we just love photography and it doesn't matter what camera you use to take the photos that you post with the exception of a couple of contests.

You nailed the yellow Tony. Maybe a little less crop from the bottom? That would bring the center of the bloom into the bottom third. One of your best I think though.
04-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
We are primarily a pentax group yes but ultimately, we just love photography and it doesn't matter what camera you use to take the photos that you post with the exception of a couple of contests.

Well put indeed. I agree with this 100%. I think most of the members would too.

PS. A good photograph Tonytee. I think slowpez might be correct with her assessment too.

Last edited by pjv; 04-23-2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to leave a critique !!
04-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great picture. I would crop a top just a bit.
04-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

You nailed the yellow Tony. Maybe a little less crop from the bottom? That would bring the center of the bloom into the bottom third. One of your best I think though.
I see what you are saying and I thank you for it. I will certainly use that from now on.

Rgds,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Well put indeed. I agree with this 100%. I think most of the members would too.

PS. A good photograph Tonytee. I think slowpez might be correct with her assessment too.
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Great picture. I would crop a top just a bit.
Do you mean I should have lessened the distance between the top of the flower and top of the viewfinder?

Thanks, Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:03 PM ----------

Also you should know that Pentaxforums.com and Nikonforums.com have the same administrator, so we all work in conjunction with one another.

Thanks very much.

Tonytee
04-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I see what you are saying and I thank you for it. I will certainly use that from now on.

Rgds,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:00 PM ----------

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:01 PM ----------

Do you mean I should have lessened the distance between the top of the flower and top of the viewfinder?

Thanks, Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 01:03 PM ----------

Also you should know that Pentaxforums.com and Nikonforums.com have the same administrator, so we all work in conjunction with one another.

Thanks very much.

Tonytee
I thought the photo has great contrast and makes the yellow really pop with the darker background. I didn't mean to say it to offend I thought you may have got muddled with the wrong forum,love all photography the camera is the means to the end whatever the brand. I'd be pleased if I'd taken a photo like this very good thanks Tony
04-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Lovely photo! This is print worthy.

Just looking on my cell, but I'd recommend boosting the leaf just a tad, and perhaps cloning over the yellow in the bottom right corner. Otherwise, very excellent.

04-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thought the photo has great contrast and makes the yellow really pop with the darker background. I didn't mean to say it to offend I thought you may have got muddled with the wrong forum,love all photography the camera is the means to the end whatever the brand. I'd be pleased if I'd taken a photo like this very good thanks Tony
There was no offense taken. When I first joined this forum, I felt the same way. Thanks again for your positive feedback.

Regards,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 04:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote

Just looking on my cell, but I'd recommend boosting the leaf just a tad, and perhaps cloning over the yellow in the bottom right corner. Otherwise, very excellent.
Excuse my ignorance, but what does boosting the leaf mean? Do you mean enhancing the color by increasing saturation?

Thanks,

Tonytee
04-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Viewfinder. Just a bit of crop of the top of the frame. Again, it's about personal taste, but that tip of the flower takes too much attention, kind of a bit distraction for me.
04-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Viewfinder. Just a bit of crop of the top of the frame. Again, it's about personal taste, but that tip of the flower takes too much attention, kind of a bit distraction for me.
Well, I have to admit that is a new one on me. You are saying that the tip of the subject is a distraction for you? Perhaps I am on a slow bell today, so if you would not mind clarifying your meaning, I will be very grateful.

Thanks,

Tonytee
04-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

See the new photo, I did as you recommended. Thanks again,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

I did make an adjustment by cloning out the distraction in bottom right corner.

Thanks,

Tonytee
04-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #13
Pentaxian

See the new photo, I did as you recommended. Thanks again,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 04-23-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

I did make an adjustment by cloning out the distraction in bottom right corner.

Thanks,

Tonytee
Superb!
04-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Superb!
Thank you very much,

Tonytee
08-31-2018, 07:32 PM   #15

I like this shot a great deal. It was actually a labor of love to get this composition. Thanks for looking and please feel free to offer any comments and suggestions.

Rgds,

Tonytee
Wow, well done.