Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A shot in the dark!!
Lens: Pentax 18~55mm Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Study ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 

Here is a photo of my Nikon outfit. I thought about having some fun and see what trouble I can get my self into with my first product shoot. Please feel free to offer any comments/suggestions.

Thank you.

Antonio

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
05-15-2016, 05:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

When I think 'product shoot' I think clean background, so there's nothing distracting from the product that we're looking at and presumably drooling over. For this image, i might give it some empty space, the camera feels very closed in, and adjust the WB-- it looks a little green.
05-15-2016, 05:32 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
In product photography the whole "product" must be tack sharp and favourably lit.
05-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
When I think 'product shoot' I think clean background, so there's nothing distracting from the product that we're looking at and presumably drooling over. For this image, i might give it some empty space, the camera feels very closed in, and adjust the WB-- it looks a little green.
I see what you are saying, and I agree that presentation is everything. My question is; What seems green to you? The camera or the surroundings? The White Balance is on Auto, so you may be correct. I will see what I can learn regarding that. Many thanks.

Antonio

---------- Post added 05-15-16 at 11:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
In product photography the whole "product" must be tack sharp and favourably lit.
Well, thank you very much. It is so cool to get such informative assistance.

Cheers,

Antonio

05-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
As Kerrowdown points out, sharp and light is the word and you must give the article a bit of room to breath. And a neutral featureless background is important to focus all attention to the subject. In this shot I included all items which will be included in the sale. Otherwise the lens by itself would be even more powerful.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:12 AM.
05-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well, thank you very much. It is so cool to get such informative assistance.
Your most welcome... here's a couple of my recent "personal" shots as an example of what I mean.

I have since used them to demonstrate a lighting set up to a client, potentially for use with their products.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-17-2016 at 12:48 AM.