Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2016, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Three's Company
Lens: Pentax 18~55mm Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Front Yard ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/50s Aperture: F6.7 

Another one of my wife's gardening efforts. I thought this turned out very well. I did some PP Editing, adding in just a tiny bit of brightness since it was an overcast day, and a bit of sharpness. This camera lens combo does a wonderful job in handling the reds. Thanks for looking and please feel free to offer comments/suggestions.

Rgds,

Antonio

Well, once again it appears as though I lost a bit of brightness. Not too bad, overall.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-25-2016 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Additional Information
05-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #2

I did notice that its a little on the underexposed side... and also I would keep the saturation in the reds a little bit down... but that's just my opinion and I'm far to be a professional
05-26-2016, 12:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
I did notice that its a little on the underexposed side... and also I would keep the saturation in the reds a little bit down... but that's just my opinion and I'm far to be a professional
Thank you for your input.

Antonio
05-26-2016, 02:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

When photographing reds, and whites for that matter especially with flowers underexpose and then touch up the contrast and brightness in PP. Keep the saturation down a bit. I know this when using macro lenses, like the DFA 100 macro, FA 100 macro and Egalem's preferred the Sigma 105 macro.

05-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
When photographing reds, and whites for that matter especially with flowers underexpose and then touch up the contrast and brightness in PP. Keep the saturation down a bit. I know this when using macro lenses, like the DFA 100 macro, FA 100 macro and Egalem's preferred the Sigma 105 macro.
I understand what you are saying. However, as I stated up top, I lose brightness and often times sharpness when uploading here. So, now in hopes of avoiding these issues I am uploading my files to Flickr.com., and will then upload them here. I do not have these problems when uploading to Nikonforums.com so I do not know where the problem stems from. I am always careful to downsize to the recommended dimensions. Thanks again for your input.

Rgds,

Antonio
05-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Three's Company

Here is an adjusted version. I had to pump up the brightness in hopes it will survive the upload.

Thanks.

Antonio

P.S. I do not see any noticeable improvement.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-26-2016 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Additional Information