Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,152
Lovely Yellow Flower.
Lens: Nikon 35~80mm 1:4~5.6D Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/800s Aperture: F8 

Metering on this shot was Multi-Segment at 62mm. I had to increase brightness in order to compensate for loss of brightness during uploading. Quite a bit of work went into Noise Reduction, but alas, I could not eliminate all of it. Do enjoy and please feel free to offer any comments/suggestions/solutions.

Rgds,

Antonio

P.S. Looks as though I over compensated for loss of sharpness during uploading.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D70  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 06-30-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Additional Information
07-01-2016, 01:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bruce Clark's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brookfield, Victoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,090
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote

P.S. Looks as though I over compensated for loss of sharpness during uploading.
Possibly so as evidenced by the halos around the lower petals in particular.

One method of reducing uploading problems is to upload the images to a personal album on this site and then use the "Insert Album Photos" to place them in the thread. I don't know why but this method seems to preserve detail better than uploading directly to the thread by using the "Manage Attachments" button. It appears as if the algorithms employed in uploading directly to thread seem particularly harsh, especially on portrait oriented images. Why this is so is beyond my expertise but it does save trying to second guess the uploading process and allowing images to be displayed exactly as you want them to appear. Sure it is a two step process rather than a one step process but the results to me at least are worth it.

Last edited by Bruce Clark; 07-01-2016 at 01:32 AM. Reason: typo
07-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,152
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Possibly so as evidenced by the halos around the lower petals in particular.

One method of reducing uploading problems is to upload the images to a personal album on this site and then use the "Insert Album Photos" to place them in the thread. I don't know why but this method seems to preserve detail better than uploading directly to the thread by using the "Manage Attachments" button. It appears as if the algorithms employed in uploading directly to thread seem particularly harsh, especially on portrait oriented images. Why this is so is beyond my expertise but it does save trying to second guess the uploading process and allowing images to be displayed exactly as you want them to appear. Sure it is a two step process rather than a one step process but the results to me at least are worth it.
Well sir I thank you very much for your valued input. I am quite pleased with the way my Nikon D70 handled the yellow, given that the camera is not known for doing a very good job on yellow and red. Again, many thanks, I will give the album idea a try. I loaded a lot of my photos onto Flikr, however no luck getting them transferred to this forum.

Rgds

Tonytee
07-09-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
henrikpedersen33's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 540
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Metering on this shot was Multi-Segment at 62mm. I had to increase brightness in order to compensate for loss of brightness during uploading. Quite a bit of work went into Noise Reduction, but alas, I could not eliminate all of it. Do enjoy and please feel free to offer any comments/suggestions/solutions.

Rgds,

Antonio

P.S. Looks as though I over compensated for loss of sharpness during uploading.
That flower looks just great. Nice bokeh.

07-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,152
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
That flower looks just great. Nice bokeh.

Thank you very much Mr. Pedersen.

TT
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brightness, critique, flower, lovely, photography, yellow
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape A very yellow flower. Tonytee Post Your Photos! 6 05-24-2016 07:22 AM
Landscape Yellow Flower! Tonytee Post Your Photos! 2 05-10-2016 10:32 PM
Macro Yellow flower Buruny Photo Critique 2 03-22-2016 03:46 PM
Nature The Yellow Flower Tonytee Post Your Photos! 2 10-29-2015 04:00 PM
Nature Yellow flower Scorpio71GR Post Your Photos! 3 09-13-2015 07:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top