Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 07:49 AM   #1

Neighborhood
Lens: smc pentax-da 1:4(22) 16-45mm ed-al Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: Doral,Fl ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F4 

City of Doral, Fl. suburban place in Miami, Fl, with most population from south American people.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to PF.

You posted to the critique forum, meaning you want constructive criticism. The photo is uninteresting to me. I see a bunch of ordinary cars parked in front of houses, a distracting street light flare, and a twilight sky without much happening. I think it's just not a good location for a good photo.

I might try turning the camera more to the left to get the closest street light out of the frame, giving a strong diagonal line of the left curb. Unfortunately, most of the parked cars are on the right side, and those cars make a statement on "suburbia".

You could try repositioning forwards along the street to get the closest light out of the frame. Or zoom to hide the closest light, and use your hand to block flare from the side. Try a slower shutter speed (with tripod) to show more detail of the cars and houses.

Please don't get discouraged. The suburban street I live on isn't very photogenic, either