Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Search of a Buzzard
Lens: Sigma 70-300 DG Macro Camera: K3-ii Photo Location: Longstanton, Cambridge 

So I've been stalking this bird now every night on my way home from work for 6 weeks.

So far, every shot has been blurred, or so far away that it couldn't be presentable, or impossible to bring out the colours of the wing against the sky.

Finally, I got one, but I still need to practice my technique more, as my post-processing to get the colours out cause it to look a bit horrible.

Does anyone have any good tips and tricks for how to get better shots against bright skies like this?

07-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ian.morgan Quote
So I've been stalking this bird now every night on my way home from work for 6 weeks.

So far, every shot has been blurred, or so far away that it couldn't be presentable, or impossible to bring out the colours of the wing against the sky.

Finally, I got one, but I still need to practice my technique more, as my post-processing to get the colours out cause it to look a bit horrible.

Does anyone have any good tips and tricks for how to get better shots against bright skies like this?

Hello, I have had this problem only with my telephoto lenses. Here is a link that I hope will prove helpful to you.

What causes purple fringe: Beginners Questions Forum: Digital Photography Review
Regards,

Antonio

Last edited by Tonytee; 07-05-2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
07-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

There are articles and discussions about purple fringe here too Tony.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/134745-h...-fringing.html
07-06-2016, 01:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
There are articles and discussions about purple fringe here too Tony.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/134745-h...-fringing.html
I understand and thank you so much for the good tip.

Antonio

07-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone for the Tips.

Here's a slightly less fringed version from this morning's stalking, although definitely aided by blue sky !