Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe I should have deleted this one.
Lens: Pentax 18~55mm Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F6.7 

This shot was taken at 43mm. Admittedly this photograph was a lot of work with cloning, healing, noise reduction and exposure levels. I am still not that happy with it, perhaps I could solicit some assistance for improvement.

Thanks so much for viewing and please feel free to offer comments/suggestions/solutions.

Antonio

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
07-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What was the cloning for? Was there something really weird in the green area?
07-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
What was the cloning for? Was there something really weird in the green area?
There were some ugly branches that I felt were cluttering up the scene.

Antonio
07-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It look weird on the top, too much purple/green removal? Beside that, in that angle look like a hoovering flower for me.

07-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
It look weird on the top, too much purple/green removal? Beside that, in that angle look like a hoovering flower for me.
Yes, I believe you are correct. Many thanks,

Antonio
07-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd work on 'pre-processing' instead of 'post-processing'. Try tying offending branches back, pruning away foliage or spent blooms you're unhappy with (ask before pruning if it's not your garden), or just looking for more photogenically located subjects. The less stuff you have to clean up in post, the more realistic the result (unless you're a photoshop wizard).

This isn't to say editing on the computer is bad or in anyway wrong, but if you're spending hours on touch-ups that are still somewhat visible in the end result you might want to rework your process.
07-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
I'd work on 'pre-processing' instead of 'post-processing'.
I'd second this suggestion. The nice thing about flowers is that they don't move until they fall off, so going back a few days later to do a retake is a lot more feasible than retaking a wildlife shot or candids at a special event.

07-17-2016, 01:57 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
There were some ugly branches that I felt were cluttering up the scene
A chainsaw saves time in PP.
07-17-2016, 02:25 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I'd second this suggestion. The nice thing about flowers is that they don't move until they fall off, so going back a few days later to do a retake is a lot more feasible than retaking a wildlife shot or candids at a special event.
I also agree. I should be more discriminate and less indiscriminate. I feel that every so often I must feed my addiction to red roses. ).

Thanks for all the help.

Antonio
07-17-2016, 02:47 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
lot of work with cloning, healing, noise reduction
Just a thought for you... perhaps with a wee bit of Gaussian Blur applied to background, the PP work would less obvious.
07-17-2016, 06:35 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Just a thought for you... perhaps with a wee bit of Gaussian Blur applied to background, the PP work would less obvious.
I had that blur feature when using GIMP, however overall the program was very cumbersome to use. I think I am ready to spend some Cash,(which is just as good as money) on some quality PPE.

Thanks very much for your comment.

Antonio