Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2016, 05:54 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Minnesota Viking's US Bank Stadium
Lens: 16-50 Camera: k-3 Photo Location: minneapolis 

Sorry for watermarks, I am too lazy to upload the non-marked variants.

08-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice images -- this is the kind of location one can return to again and again to try lots of different compositions under different conditions.

#1 is my favorite -- great color, overall framing, & composition. Were I to go back to this view, I'd think about moving to the left to center more of the buildings into the reflection, shift the lamp post to the middle of the left triangualr face. (But maybe that position would create too unbalanced a view on the stadium.

#2 gives me vertigo (in a good way). Were I to go back to this view, I'd try to reduce the dominance of the dark left strut (which might be impossible although perhaps a longer focal length would help).

#3 is nice as a contrast in near-monochrome with saturated color and the contrast in textures. Were I to go back to this view, I'd back up, increase the focal length, and tilt the camera down to put the flag higher in the frame Perhaps the flag might look nicer if it were larger and less-keystone distorted.

Of course, that just one person's two cents that needs a grain of salt (and may not be possible or photographically interesting given other constraints on the scene).
10-01-2016, 05:35 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Sorry for watermarks, I am too lazy to upload the non-marked variants.

Dave,

These are phenomenal images, they are so pleasing to look at.

To be technical, they cannot get any better. The composition is top notch, you've got a great eye. The exposure is spot on, The dynamic range is unreal.

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed them. It looks like the light and the clouds were on your side, and with your skills, youve created something extra ordinary. Well done!
10-01-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are great shots! I really like them.

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Dave,

To be technical, they cannot get any better. The composition is top notch, you've got a great eye. The exposure is spot on, The dynamic range is unreal.

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed them. It looks like the light and the clouds were on your side, and with your skills, youve created something extra ordinary. Well done!
Welcome back! It has been a little while...

10-01-2016, 06:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
These are great shots! I really like them.

Welcome back! It has been a little while...
Thanks! ! It has been....I just made plans for my first Safari to Kenya on sept 2017 and the new cameras and lenses peaked my interest. Nice to hear from you
10-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Dave,

Thanks mate! Your comment made me very happy and boosts my eager to continue doing the best I can when photographing.
10-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice, but I wonder how many birds bang their heads on the façade every day.

Greetings