Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lake periyar
Lens: 55-300 Camera: pentax k 30 Photo Location: kerala, india 

09-15-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a lovely photograph. I love the stillness of the scene with those strong colors.
09-15-2016, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Very good shot, I like it. I would only edit out the leaves :
Attached Images

09-16-2016, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

Let me say right from the beginning, I like the image, it is a super shot.\
But there is one thing which bothers me. I could not quite figure it out at first, but now I know.
The big dark tree on the left overpowers the shot. I am not consciously looking at it and this is why at first I could not figure out what is wrong with the picture. Simply said the left side of my vision is seeing this dark something without looking at it.

But it is there and you can't re-position yourself for a better framing angle now. It is too late. So what can you do. Well, you can make it lighter and give it a bit of "tree colour" to make it less invasive and by doing so make it more inclusive of the overall scenery. Particularly since you have such bright contrasty "everything else". And you would have seen it less dark in real life anyway. To bring more light and colour into this part of the picture is hard to do with a low res JPG but if you have a RAW of it the possibilities are much greater to remedy the situation. Also I think it is perhaps a wee bit oversaturated but this of course is a matter of taste. So I can live with that.

Now this is what I would do. You are asking for an opinion and this is my opinion. Only a good image is it worthy the extra effort. Digital photography makes it possible, so why not.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:11 AM.
09-20-2016, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank u friends for yr advice and opinion