Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2016, 05:54 AM - 3 Likes   #1

First forum pic.
Lens: D-FA 55mm 2,8 Camera: 645z Photo Location: Lofoten, Norway ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F22 

This is one of the first pictures I took with the 645Z. Was driving at night up in the northern part of Norway and this scenery appeared after I came out from a tunnel.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
09-20-2016, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A nice start for your first! Interesting mood.
09-20-2016, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful colors! Really a nice "mood" shot!

Welcome to the forums; hoping to see many more of your photos here!
09-20-2016, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
Great image - I love the muted tones!

09-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Dealing with foreground elements in landscape photos is the hardest part of landscape photoraphy. In this case, the rise and fall of the foreground treeline works for me, but since I know you were stuck with this view then always ask should I take this picture at all if there is a dominant element that wont help my intent for taking this photo. I like the twilight colors and wouldnt color correct.
09-27-2016, 04:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i like it. As EDglass points out the foreground can make of break an image. Most of the tree line is OK apart from the bits on the left where they cross the the boundary between water and land. To me this breaks the continuity of the water line. Not a big deal but something to watch. Taking some time to walk around the scene can often reveal a better vantage point. Not always possible but well worth the effort. Another thing with this photo is the appears to be some blocky looking artifacts on the right hand side above the water line . These may be due to file compression but they look a bit unnatural on my screen.
10-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
It seems the image was underexposed and the shadows pushed in post. A longer exposure would have made for a better image. The sky and the mountain lack detail. The water droplet in the foreground would have made an interesting element. For the most part the image seems flat and uninteresting.
10-27-2016, 12:09 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

I must confess I do not know what to make of this image. I never know whether this sort of thing is intentional or a mistake. It appears in the critique section, so what are we going to make of it.

First question, why F/22 ? It seems totally unnecessary to me. Second question, did you purposefully manipulated this to achieve this look ? You see, if you don't tell us a little bit about your intentions we are likely going to say something wrong here. Third question, why the broad white border top and bottom ? Is it something you like and think it enhances the image ? If you say you did this for a reason then perhaps you know something I don't and I like to know a bit more about it.

So, I will reserve my judgement and will abstain from any suggestions.

Cheers