Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #1

K1+75LS: I like the rendering
Lens: K1 Camera: 75LS Aperture: F2.8 

The lens does have significant veiling af soon as there is a bright source htting the front element.
Now if I only could get the leaf shutter to work....

Have a great Sunday everybody!

Attached Images

09-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

To use the leaf shutter I'd recommend setting the camera focal plane shutter to 1s speed range, cock the shutter, and fire the leaf shutter manually. To make the most of the leaf shutter you will have to connect a flash to the PC sync socket on the lens itself...frankly, this is all rather tedious for an extra stop or so reduction of ambient light you get from the top sync speed of 1/500th. This is why I use a Leica S for on-location outdoor photography with flash, the leaf shutters Leica use have a higher sync speed designed for that kind of work. also the Leica-S lenses have self-cocking leaf shutters and offer superb optical performance....but at a hefty cost.

Last edited by Digitalis; 09-24-2016 at 11:00 PM.