Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Daylily Tree

I love shooting flowers but I dont like the fact that most of the time, what you shot have been shot before by someone else. Today I think I finally have a shot that "may" have not been shot (unless you dont know what daylily is, so it might be just a flower shot to you). Please fire away

Contrast, saturation and sharpness postprocessed in lightroom

*edit* and here's a cleaned up version. If you can spot my mistake, it shows that I still need to learn more photoshop.

Last edited by Andi Lo; 07-25-2008 at 09:00 PM.
08-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would say that you need to get closer, and maybe use shallower DOF. Look in PPG, to see how people go about their work
08-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think it has potental. I would crop in much tighter on the flower and lose some of the sky. I think you did a good job on the edit but again if mine crop much closer.
08-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Forum Member

I agree with the closer cropping. I do like the way the blossom seems to be embracing what appears to be a branch. I, too, dislike flower shots because it seems they've all been done before. Now, a bloom getting frisky with a branch, that has some possibilities!

08-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Potential is right. Me thinks you should publish that one in a botany mag or website - a new discovery - lol

Where's that Damn Brit for his expert opinion eh!

And oh yeah, tighter crop could improve.
Good catch pal.