Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Church by night
Lens: sigma 17-50 mm f/2.8 ex dc os hsm Camera: Pentax K-70 Photo Location: Swidnik, Poland ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F7.1 

Hello,
This is my first attempt on night photography so all comments are welcome.

When I saw those colors I run out with camera and took a few photos. Unfortunatelly after I downloaded them to laptop I saw that those colors looks almost unrealistic, and I did not change those - just crop and clarity on church and sky, to remove cars from bottom of photo, and a little desaturation of trees in the bottom of the photo. And this is when I made the BW copy that is in my opinion better than the colored one..

The composition of image is this way due to large amount of lamps on the parking, so half a lamp was the best I could do. Also when looking at the results I think it is better to show source of flare instead of light rays coming out of nowhere.

Two things I learned already:
1. monopod is not good for long exposures - even the video monopod with legs on bottom (Benro A48FD) - unfortunatelly I got caught in marketing.. again..
2. I never thought waiting for a photo to be completed might be so exciting

10-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I prefer the B&W version too.