Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
Adsouza, Very nice picture. I actually like the red tractor. It is a part of what held interest. The blue barrel and the crumpled box by the barn could use either a be cut out or muted in some way. I like the softness of the background. If the leaves were any sharper the horses would not stand out as they do. It seems to balance with the red fence on the right.

Jim P
Thanks Jim.

---------- Post added 11-19-16 at 10:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Many of the points have been suggested by other posters. If there is anything to take away, I would suggest changing the perspective a little so you can see a better part of the horse profile (a bit too direct in front for my taste, just IMHO). Also, the chute coming from the barn window in the background seems a little distracting, however, I am not sure if you can avoid it though. Overall, I think you did good on this one and good use of your old equipment.
Thank you.

11-27-2016, 05:12 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First off I would crop out the barn, thereby bringing the animals closer to the rule of thirds for better composition. The tractor really should be cloned out and healed properly if you have the software to make changes. The aluminum tub should also be taken out. Remember, the animals are the subject and that is what you want the viewers to focus on. Your use of available lighting is excellent along with the color rendition. Very nice Autumn scene with the colorful leaves to accentuate the soul of the photograph.

Rgds,

Antonio
11-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
First off I would crop out the barn, thereby bringing the animals closer to the rule of thirds for better composition. The tractor really should be cloned out and healed properly if you have the software to make changes. The aluminum tub should also be taken out. Remember, the animals are the subject and that is what you want the viewers to focus on. Your use of available lighting is excellent along with the color rendition. Very nice Autumn scene with the colorful leaves to accentuate the soul of the photograph.

Rgds,

Antonio
Thank you Antonio.
07-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by adsouza Quote
Looking to get your C&C. The original RAW imaged greatly lacked contract and was not very sharp. I reckon it was the lens but would welcome all your thoughts and advise!
Too bad we cannot see all three horses proberly. Apart from that I think it's a great picture. Nice colours.

07-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #20
Forum Member

I love the feel of the photo and the background colors in the trees is amazing. The horses could be a little sharper, but that is a minor thing in this photo. Great job.
07-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
Too bad we cannot see all three horses proberly. Apart from that I think it's a great picture. Nice colours.
Thank you

---------- Post added 07-10-18 at 05:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mhrish Quote
I love the feel of the photo and the background colors in the trees is amazing. The horses could be a little sharper, but that is a minor thing in this photo. Great job.
Thank you.
08-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Looking to get your C&C. The original RAW imaged greatly lacked contract and was not very sharp. I reckon it was the lens but would welcome all your thoughts and advise!
Think you've done a great job, the steeds look sharp and defined, lighting lovely and the background blurry enough to set them off. Bravo

08-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #23
Pentaxian

being a Horse lover myself have to chime in here ! when I'm shooting horses I'm always looking for ears forward , and its not easy , so hats off for this , I love how the sun falls across the horses , the white horse in the back is ether shy , or is taking his/her place in the pecking order . if was me shooting this ,I would have positioned myself more to the right as to crop out the red horizontal gate posts and had only the board fencing in the image , but then I don't know what was too the left , just I find my eye wandering to those red posts , if the horses where in front of the red posts more then I would have been trying to leave out the board fencing , but that just me , all in all love the image and the fall colours ! well done !!
08-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #24
Pentaxian

This is great!
08-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you did great with what you had. The colors are great and sometimes the lower contrast look works well, I think this is one case. Not all pictures need to have saturation and contrast being turned up. I like the simplicity, it's very pleasing to look at.
11-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful composition
11-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #27

Photos: Albums
Nice picture ,What would a +1/2 EV be like?
11-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #28

Photos: Albums
Noble animals
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
11-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #29
Pentaxian

A very lovely shot.
11-15-2019, 03:23 AM   #30
Pentaxian

nice mood, nice shot. Congrats.