Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2017, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Proof! We are working with dummies.....
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 Camera: K5-IIs Photo Location: Swindon Railway Museum ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F5.6 

Hi

I enjoy attending various photographic events put on by a company called Timeline Events which are very popular here in the UK. Many re-enactors giving their time free of charge (well for a few drinks).

The image below was taken within the Swindon Steam Railway Museum at one such event and has been processed in DXO Optics 11 with a Sepia style. The dummies in the museum were often that realistic you kept talking to them and wondered why the did not speak back. In this image there are two dummies.

Any and all feedback welcome.

Thanks

Paul

03-08-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like this one a lot, especially the sepia toning. which is highly suitable for the topic. And no I can't pick the dummies.
03-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wild guess : the dummies are the two to the right?

Nice image. Before I read about dummies I thought there were none.
03-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Wild guess : the dummies are the two to the right?

Nice image. Before I read about dummies I thought there were none.
Thanks, the two in the middle are humans. The ones on the far left and far right are the dummies.

04-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

If the smoke in the image is artificial, it's not a crime to make the rivet hot to red in the photo editor.
06-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian78 Quote
Hi

I enjoy attending various photographic events put on by a company called Timeline Events which are very popular here in the UK. Many re-enactors giving their time free of charge (well for a few drinks).

The image below was taken within the Swindon Steam Railway Museum at one such event and has been processed in DXO Optics 11 with a Sepia style. The dummies in the museum were often that realistic you kept talking to them and wondered why the did not speak back. In this image there are two dummies.

Thanks

Paul
Being a railfan, this is quite an interesting image!
I like the muted colors and the sepia tone to the image. Nicely composed andit looks fairly authentic. I am not sure if they would have someone sitting in the steam box though, unless they were actually repairing it!
07-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi

Thanks

Paul
You've managed to make a picture looking liked it was taken ages ago. Swell.

07-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
Death89

As another rail-fan I have to say I love this shot. Would like to attend one of these sorts of events too but young kids are not the easiest to manage at events right now!

Very good choice of tone.
08-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Hi

Thanks

Paul
Very good shot!
10-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #10

Hi

Thanks

Paul
Very nice
11-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #11
Banned

real nice tone to it.