Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #1

Beautiful get well gifts
Lens: Sears 135mm 1:2.8 W/Zone Macro Camera: K-r Photo Location: Florida USA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F8 

After having surgery my wife has been given beautiful flowers and having to be at home,
I started to take pictures, please, don't hesitate to tell me how I can make better pictures.
I am experimenting with the recently acquired Sears 135mm 1:2.8 with macro zones.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
03-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

Center of the flower isn't in focus. With it being such a ... central.. part of the photo, I'd have wanted to see it actually in focus. And is the white balance correct? I'm sensing a yellow cast to the image..

I like the rendering of the petals though.. looks almost painting-like without being one. The lighting is nice.
03-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Center of the flower isn't in focus. With it being such a ... central.. part of the photo, I'd have wanted to see it actually in focus. And is the white balance correct? I'm sensing a yellow cast to the image..

I like the rendering of the petals though.. looks almost painting-like without being one. The lighting is nice.
Thanks Mee,
I really tried to get the center in focus, the lens is a manual focus and my eyes are not new...
the illumination was the light from a lamp with a shade, it messed the white balance. thank you a lot,
I know there is a looooot of room for improvement.
Tony
03-13-2017, 04:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Hope all is going well with the patient.

I think in an afford to get that "wow factor" you completely overcooked the red. I can reasonably be sure by looking at the green leaves at the upper left background.

Does the flower look a bit more like this ?

Last edited by Schraubstock; 04-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.
03-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

Hope all is going well with the patient.

I think in an afford to get that "wow factor" you completely overcooked the red. I can reasonably be sure by looking at the green leaves at the upper left background.

Does the flower look a bit more like this ?
Wow, this is really awesome, it really looks splendorous. I did almost no PP just tried to sharpen a bit and because the light was from a lamp with a yellow orange shade, a little play with the white balance.
How you created such a beautiful effect?
I will show it to my wife (the patient), will make her feel better....
thanks Schraubstock

Last edited by tonver; 03-13-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: missing thanks,
03-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
mee
Veteran Member

I'd do something like this...

But the composition, I feel, would have been better had either the flower been turned in the other direction or the camera panned further left to give more room between the place the flower is pointing to and the edge of the image.

Just a thought..

Last edited by mee; 09-22-2017 at 04:39 PM.
03-14-2017, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'd do something like this...

But the composition, I feel, would have been better had either the flower been turned in the other direction or the camera panned further left to give more room between the place the flower is pointing to and the edge of the image.

Just a thought..
Mee,
Yes, I think it would give more movement.
the problem would be with my wife: "Don't mess with my flowers, I don't care about your composition.... this are my flowers"
She is definitively feeling better.
Thanks a lot,

07-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
After having surgery my wife has been given beautiful flowers and having to be at home,
I started to take pictures, please, don't hesitate to tell me how I can make better pictures.
I am experimenting with the recently acquired Sears 135mm 1:2.8 with macro zones.
I need some bright light here. Lighten up the picture and it'll be much better
08-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Gorgeous!